𝐗. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

Chapter Ten
' Just Sleeping '

╔═══════════════╗
𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎
╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎╚═══════════════╝

• ♚ •

━━I was running—I didn't know how long or from what but it was as if my life depended on it.

I Yelp as I trip over something and as I drove my face to get back on my feet I get sent flying backwards and into the dirt.

My chest is pounding—breath heavy as I toss onto my break and a scream rips through my throat.

I am surrounded by him.

It was like a mirror reflecting him.

He pounced on me grabbing at my clothes.

Hands grab me—shoving me awake and I shot up out of my dream state.

A gasp leaves my mouth as I sit up in bed. Taking in deep breaths when I notice that I'm okay.

I place a hand on my mouth as tears roll my face—sobs escaping my lips without my consent.

"Are you okay?" My eyes shoot up at Zombie who was staring down at me with concern in his eyes.

I blink away the tears in my eyes—dropping my hand. "Did I wake you?" I ask as I quickly to wiped my face dry.

He shook his head and looked around before looking down at me.

"I heard you scream—I wanted to make sure you were ok before you woke up the others." He mumbled and I looked away when tears filled my eyes once again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked and I quickly shook my head.

Who wants to speak about their dreams? Especially the ones that haunt them at night.

"Please just go back to sleep—we need to get up early." I mumbled and he nodded before getting up and walking over to his bunk.

I watch his retreating body before laying back down—tossing onto my side as I reached and  grabbed my necklace.

I close my eyes—gripping it tightly and waited for my self to fall asleep but minutes kept passing by.

My eyes fluttered opened as I accepted sleep was not coming back for me and I sat up slowly in my bed as I bit my lip—tossing my covers off of me.

I stand up—cringing as my bed squeaked before I quickly made my way to Zombies bunk.

Quietly and quickly I climbed up the latter and tapped him.

He inhaled sharply—rolled over and opened his tired eyes—squinting into the dark to look at me.

"Are you okay?" His voice was raspy as he questioned me.