𝐈𝐗. 𝐙𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

Chapter Nine
' Zombies Bitch '

╔═══════════════╗
𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎
╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎╚═══════════════╝

• ♚ •

━━I let out a groan as I continued shooting. I know I wasn't supposed to but I knew I couldn't go against my orders because it hurt like a bitch.

My side was burning and bleeding through its bandages. The switches kept on ripping open and I couldn't keep getting them redone.

"You okay?"

My eyes flickered over to meet Zombie's concerned brown ones.

He was in the booth next to mine—rifle set against his shoulder comfortably.

My hands were shaking. All because I was in pain.

I let out a shaky breath and nodded.

"Not used to guns or do you just not like them?" Zombie questions—eyes soft. 

"Actually I like them," I admitted honestly.

"I've just been shot too many times to actually feel comfortable around them anymore." I added.

He grinned—"One time would be enough—don't you think?"

I roll my eyes and stop shooting to grab Kenzie's necklace that is around my neck which had both my dads and moms rings.

I clutch my eyes shut at the memory of them and open my eyes again as I begin to answer him.

"I think one day it'll eventually be enough and I'll die."

His mouth dropped back down into his normal—half frown.

He stared at me—then cocked his head to the side, "You don't actually mean that." He mumbled shaking his head at me.

I lifted the gun to my shoulder and started firing again.

I let bullets soar through the air—continuing to hit the targets—biting back my groans of pain as I imagined the shit face who shot me as the target instead.

I didn't look at Ben as I continued shooting down targets ignoring the pain I felt rise on my side.

"Yes, Ben. I do, I'm not pot head Ava anymore she's dead and someday it'll be Slaughterers turn." I mumbled and sensed him tense.

I tried to ignore everything.

Half of the squad sucked at firing M16's.

Flintstone—Teacup—were decent enough to at least hit the targets.

Poundcake was exceptional—almost never missing his shot.

However—Zombie had a special thing for the ground and the reason behind it was because he never stood his ground.