𝐈𝐈. 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐞

Chapter Two
' Jane Doe '

╔═══════════════╗
𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎
╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎╚═══════════════╝

• ♚ •

━━WE drove for a while—until the driver turned a corner and up ahead were a line of a dozen or so other buses and groups of kids standing in groups.

I was slowly losing consciousness—my eye sight turning blurry as I reached over and shook sam awake.

"There's other kids? Like us?!" A young girl asked in excitement.

The rest of the kids on the bus stayed silent—they were either too upset about being separated from their parents or too speechless to say anything at all.

"Everybody round up your belongings," Jones called as the driver parked the bus next to one of the other buses.

I watched as he stood up—Getting a full view of him from head to toe as I stood up myself before I lost consciousness.

I woke up in a hospital bed—a needle in my arm and the sound of my heart beating calming me down.

My head was pounding but it just a dull throb.

Wait.

I sat up—my head spinning as I forced myself to stand up—getting into a fighting stance as a long haired brunette nurse walked in with a tray.

"Oh, good, you're awake!" She happily said as she placed the tray on the table next to the bed.

Her pale skin tone made her dull green colored orbs and pink lips pop.

She took in my fighting stance and her eyes widened. "Oh lord I'm not going to hurt you sweetie."

"I...ah brought you some food in case you were hungry." Her voice was way too cheery for the hospital ward and it made chills crawl up my back. Something was wrong with her.

I eyed her as I made my way towards the tray and I quickly looked down at the food.

A plate of strawberries and berries—eggs—bacon and a juice box with a straw next to it.

I picked up a strawberry and walked over to her.

She took a step back but stopped when I lifted it to her lips.

"Bite."

She took a bite out of it and chewed. Her eyes with holding fear as she swallowed.