Chapter 1: Aftermath

"Carson, what happened?" Tom and Harrison spit out at the same time. "She...She-uh coded. They took me out of the room before I could really see what happened. I heard one of the doctors say she is in critical condition." Tom gets up from the waiting room chair and walks out into the main hallway. "Where the hell is he going?" Carson shouted. "Somewhere where he can think." answered Harrison calmly. "When is going to be back we will probably get an update sooner than later?" "When he usually has a solution to a problem."

"There is no solution to this problem Harrison. I don't about you but when she called me in she acted like she knew she was going to die or something and handed me her share of the mob." Carson mumbled concerningly. Harrison turned towards him with wide eyes, "Are you kidding?" "Why would I kid about that?" "She did seem to be acting like that I guess." Carson looks to the ground with no expression, "If she wants to live she has to choose to live she has to fight for it."

-

Tom sits down on the bench in the courtyard of the hospital and pulls his phone out. He clicks on Andie's contact and dialed the number. The phone rings the monotonous ring tone until she answers. "Hey, Andie. Are you free at the moment?" "Yeah, what's going on did something happen because when I got home they were gone and it was a mess." "I'm at the hospital can you pick me up?" "Tom, what happened?" "Please just pick me up and I'll tell you when you get here." "Fine, just text me the address and I'll be there shortly." "Thank you." He said before he hung up the phone.

-

Andie's car pulls up to the front of the hospital where she found tom leaning against the outer wall. Tom stands up straight and approaches the car. He gets in and hugs Andie from the side, "Thank you so much for getting me I just couldn't handle being in there anymore." "Tom are you going to tell me what happened or not?" "They got kidnapped, we're going to have to move you again just for precautions," He leans into the seat and puts his arms onto the rest as he glares at her, "I'm truly sorry that I ever got you involved in this world, and then getting you involved again recently. I'm just glad you are fine."

"You may have been the reason I got into the mob, but I am the reason for staying for so long." "It's Y/n, she got hurt, critical condition barely holding on, she lost the baby that I just found out about, all because of that asshole." "What?" "Remember Zane, he was actual Charles Russ, the son, the whole time. He drugged her before me and her were a thing and impregnated her. Then Carson and I went to save them and one thing led to another and guns were pulled out and shots were fired, and he shot her, he shot her."

"Tom you shouldn't be here you should be in there, with her." "I can't. I failed at protecting her. She's going to die because of me. I failed, I screwed up. I don't want to lose her. I should've been shot not her. But I wasn't, she was shot." Tom mumbled with his head in his head. "It is your fault if she dies because guess what Tom, you aren't there with and for her. Do you know how much you are going to hate yourself if she does die and you are not there? I know you Tom and you are going to regret not being there for her. You love her so much more than you ever did me. You look at her differently than you did me. She is the love of your life, your damn soulmate. Go to her." Andie shouted.

Tom starts to laugh. "What?" Andie asks. "After all these years and you are still bossing me around and telling me the good things to do in my life. It's just like the old times." He said with a smile. "Yeah, the old times. They were good until you screwed up." "I thought you forgiven me since you didn't bring it up back in Kansas." Andie starts to laugh, "That's hilarious. You thought I forgave you. You brought your bleeding injured wife to my doorstep and asked for help then a bunch of gunmen invaded my house, there was no time to mention it." "Okay, I see your point." "I honestly I might as well join the mob again because of the number of times it has invaded my house." "I'm sorry about that as well."

"How did this all even start anyways?" "DIdn't it all start when we first met..."