Chapter 13: I Miss You

His stare it's so dark and deep. You almost get distracted as you stare into them. "Well." You mumbled. "I don't know if I believe you." You look down at the ground and watch your feet stumble around nervously. "Y/n, I know that you had people look into it. I also know that I fucked up. My dad was running the mob behind the scenes and made it look like I was in charge. He wanted the power still and after I killed you he would come back as the boss and I would get your mob." He said desperately.

"If you ever loved me, why would you have done this to me. Turn my people against me. Let me almost die. Pretend to love me. And then still planned on killing me after you were pretending not to love me. It doesn't add up. If Charles could rebel against your father why couldn't you?" You were confused. Nothing added up; nothing made sense. "I thought I could save you from him in the end. I love you too much to let you die." He said almost ashamed. "Fine. Prove it."

You walked over to him. You sit down in his lap with your legs on either side of his thighs. You flip your hair behind your shoulder and caress the side of his cheek. He gazes into your sparkling eyes. He kisses you passionately. He leans in more to deepen the kiss but the chains hold him back. Your hands push his chest back as your tongue circles his. He pulls back and leans his forehead on your shoulder. "I'm sorry." He says tears falling from his eyes. You look down at him as your hand brushes through his his hair. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this. I wish we could snuggle in bed and talk for hours about nonsense instead of live criminal lives. I mean you can't even trust me anymore so I have to be tied to a nasty wall in a cell."

"Tom." You mumbled your voice cracking. He looks up at you with red teary eyes. "I love you, okay." You hug him so tight. You missed this. You missed him. All the others never compared to this moment right now. "I have to go, okay hun." You stated. You kiss him on the forehead and wipe away his tears. "I'm sorry for keeping you locked up like this." You almost tear up. "It'll be worth it if it means I can be with you soon." He said trying to comfort you. You get up and start to head towards the door. "I'll see you later Tom." You smiled faintly and so did he.

You close the door and run down the hall to the stairs where Carson was waiting for you. You sit at the bottom of the stairs and curl up into a ball as you start to sob. He leans in to hug you and rubs your arm to comfort you. "What's wrong?" He asks. "What's wrong is that my husband is in a literally dungeon cell. It's not humane at all. You go look at him right now and tell me that's fair. And it's all because of me, it's my fault. I wasn't even the one that beat the shit out of him." You cried. "I want you to let him out." You stammered. He jolted back and looked you in the eyes."Y/n, I don't think that's a good idea." He argued. "I am the one in charge and I will not let no man tell me what is or isn't a good idea." You shouted.

"Y/n." He softened his tone as he grazed his hand down your arm. You pulled away from his comfort. "Don't you dare." His face becomes rigid again. "I don't think we have enough evidence to prove he's not guilty." You turn away from him. "You said it yourself that I need to stop drinking and sleeping around, so I will when you let him out." You snapped. "Yeah well why don't you just let him out yourself then." He shouted and dashed out of the room.

You rolled your eyes as you open up the desk drawer full of keys. You sift through the keys, your hands acting as sieve. You grab a pair of keys and strut out the door. You take a deep breath in and out as you try and calm your mind of all the worries this decision could bring. It'll all be fine, right?

You find yourself outside the door you were at earlier. A door to a cell holding the love of your life. You open the door and you see he's face beam. One thing you always loved about Tom was despite his dark demeanor his smile was so bright and charming, like a light at the end of a dark tunnel. That smile always made you feel so comforted. "Back again I see." He smirked. You wave the keys up In front of you with a slight jingle. "I'm here to rescue you from the bitch that locked you up." He laughed.

After you unlock him from the chains he picks up into a hug. His left hand snakes it's way from your lower back to the crook of your neck. His right hand lays on your lower back. You squeeze him tight as your forehead rests on his shoulder. You start to cry.

"I missed you so damn much. I'm so sorry I did this to you. I'm so sorry that I lost myself while you were caged down here." Your tears begin to feel something like a blue star, hot and fiery to the touch but cool to the sight. "Baby, no, don't beat yourself up, it's okay, it's your job, I understand." You pick your head up to look him straight in the eyes. "Tom...while you were locked up I haven't been sober and I haven't stopped having sex with random men." He pulls your head back down to rest on his shoulder. "I know. Carson came in every week so we could figure out something to do to help you." He whispered. "I'm so sorry, Tom."