Chapter 2: Remembering the Past (Part One)

"Didn't it all start when we first met in that empty bar, we both went in because we had car troubles from that massive storm?" "Yeah, that's when we first met. You bought me a drink and we talked all night long then you asked for my number and I said 'No, if you really want me you'll have to find me'. To my shock, you found me the next day when you were knocking on my apartment door." "Well, I used my mobster resources to find you." "Mobster resources. Seriously?" "Don't judge what I call it." "Fine."

"Remeber when you finally told me about the mob?" "Of course I do, it was extremely difficult to tell you about what I do, especially since I was more meal and cruel back then."

-

"Hey Andie do you think we can talk for a moment, it's rather serious?" "Sure." "I'm going to take you back to my place though if it is okay with you." "Okay"

The whole ride in the car was silent. Tom fidgeted a lot as he drove because he was so nervous. When they arrived Andie gasped in awe. "This is your place, what exactly do you do?" "Let's go inside and I'll tell you, dear." "Wait you are really going to tell me after all this time?" "Yeah, but it won't be easy."

Tom edged around the car and grabbed her hand and walked her into the massively beautiful mansion he resided in. He leads her into the living room and sits down on the long couch. "Take a seat anywhere., dear." Andie takes a seat in a chair adjacent to the couch. "So what I do is very dangerous, and telling you this could get you killed or hurt." "Thomas, you're scaring me. What exactly do you do?"

"I run a mob, I'm a mobster." "Oh." She turns her head away from him. "Is that all you have to say?" He asked calmly. "I don't know what else to say. You kill people, you hurt people, you deal things, you do illegal things, I bet you even own a strip club, huh?" She screamed. "Yeah, not sure if I own a strip club, Harrison kinda deals with that stuff for me." "How could someone so pure like you be a mobster." "Not so sure I guess." "Drive me home now." She demanded. "Would you rather one of my drivers drive you?" "Yes, so I don't have to be near you, great idea."

"Can you at least think about it, maybe you could even join me in the fun." "I dunno." Then she stormed out of the room. Tom picked his phone up and called Harrison. "Hey Harrison, can you drive Andie home? I finally told her and she is upset like expected." "Yeah, no problem. Where is she?" "She just left the living room, couldn't have gotten too far." "Okay bye, mate." "Bye."

-

A few days go by, Tom gave Andie plenty of days to think everything through. He wakes up to his phone buzzing on his nightstand. He rubs his eyes awake and leans over to grab the phone from the nightstand. He reads the name to see that to his surprise it was Andie. He quickly answers the phone. "Hey, Andie." "Hey, so I just called to tell you I'm in." "Did I hear that right? You're in?" "Yes. I thought it over and I love you so much that I'm in and willing to do it." Tom didn't reply because he was astonished by the words 'I love you', he doesn't know if he feels the same but he did tell her about the mob so he said, "I love you more, dear."

"I'm sorry for waking you. I have to get ready for school, but I'll see you soon right?" "Andie I'll have Harrison pick you up from college and drive you here, okay?" "Sure." "Okay then, bye baby." "Bye tom."

Tom gets out of bad and scurries out of the room and down the hall a bit. He pounds on the door he stopped at. "Harrison wake up I have great news." Tom continues pounding and shouting until Harrison opens the door. "What the bloody hell do you want, mate?" "She agreed to be apart of the mob, shes in." "Oh, then I guess that was great news." "Oh and Harrison before you go back to bed, you are picking her up from the college, you're to drive her directly back here and tell her everything she needs to know, do, and can't ever do since she's now apart of this lifestyle." "Will do." Harrison turns back into his room and shuts the door, and tom does the same. Instead of going back to bed he changes into a pair of joggers and a thin white tee shirt and sprints down into the gym.

He couldn't stop thinking how lucky he was for having a girlfriend who wants to be apart of his world, maybe this could lead to something more, maybe marriage and kids.