Chapter 8: The One That Got Away

"Y/n, seriously what are you hiding?" "Haz," You said annoyed. "If I haven't told you yet why would I now?" "Well, I dunno? Just tell me." He said childishly. "Andie, do you think I should tell you guys what it is?" "I mean I think its a good idea because I don't want to die or be close to dying again." She stated firmly. 

"Okay fine, its highly advance weapons and plans that my family has been creating and hiding from the public for years." "Wait, what?" Harrison exclaimed. "Yes, we are going to a facility full of scientists who are making the most deadly weapons on this planet." You stated calmly. "What do you do with all the weapons?" Andie asked. "Well, it was two mobsters before me who enacted a plan to stop selling the weapons and hide them for a day when we might need them." 

"Oh my god, if Tom gets his hands on the weapons he just going to use them to become the worst mobster to live." Harrison realized then how evil his supposed best mate was. "I've been trying since I first became a mob boss to end the facility and hand the weapons over to the proper authorities, but then you know all this started." You stated. 

"So, what's the plan when we get there?" Andie asked. "I honestly don't know." You gulped nervously after you spoke. "How about we just blow the whole place up?" "I guess we could, but some of the weapons we cause the explosion to be so big that it would reach the nearby towns and cities." "Can't we just take those weapons and hide them somewhere else," Harrison added. "The security is tight other than the workers you have to have mob-family DNA to get in and the ability to bring in two guards."  

"Well good thing you got two guards right here," Harrison said grinning towards Andie. "I'm not being a guard." She stated. "Come on Andie this is so far the only way to stop Tom," Harrison tried, begging Andie to get on board. "Fine but you both owe me." She said pointing at them. 

-

"Why the hell are you here, Charles?" Tom sternly asked. "To warn her." He mumbled. Tom grabbed him by the front of his shirt. "To warn her of me, all she knows is that you are the villain to her happy ending," He said smirking. "She's soooo tired of all that you put her through that she already gave up being a mobster, it seems that my plan is at least coming partly together." "You are a monster and you know that. I mean if you are just going to kill me at least tell me why you did all of this." Charles said demanding answers. 

"That's just how mafia's work, some die, some overpower, and some merge resulting in inheriting large sums of power and evil." "What do you mean by evil?" Charles asked worried about what he means. "I hear your girlfriend has been hiding some weapons, and you are going to lead me to them," Tom said letting go of his shirt. "But, first I must go to see Y/n." 

The elevator doors bing open and Tom grabs Charles by his shoulder and pushes him forward. As they make their way to the waiting room Carson spots them. "Tom, why is he here?" "On my way up I found him coming to kill Y/n." He mumbled, causing Charles to roll his eyes. All Tom does is lie yet no one catches him on it until they realize no one is that perfect. "Oh god, here I'll watch him so you can go see my sister." He said taking a hold of Charles. Tom nods and starts to walk off. 

"Carson we don't have much time, but I need you to trust me and we both need to get out of here." "Why should I trust a scum bag like you?" "Because I'm not the evil one, I was working for Tom. That wasn't my baby either it was Tom's, he made me your sister with his child so he can obtain something from your sister. And I think it is the weapons." "Why should I believe you?" "If it was my child why would I try to kill it like that, I know that Tom isn't doing all this on his own. Plus I came back for your sister because I love her and he is going to kill her when he gets what he wants." "Fine, I believe you let's go." Carson said.

"Where is she!" Sounded an angry voice. Carson and Charles cut a glance down the hall and see Tom. "Shit, we need to go." Voiced Charles. They both dash over to the elevators, Carson frantically pushing the down button. The elevator doors finally open and they both get in. The doors close right as Tom sees them leaving. 

"What now?" Carson asked. "What do you mean?" Charles asked confused. "Well, you got a lot of explaining to do." "I'll explain on the way, but more importantly Y/n is not near Tom so she is safe for now and she most likely knows Tom isn't who he says he is." He said relieved. 

Once the elevator doors open, Carson and Charles are greeted by a familiar face: Tom. "Great, he got down before we did," Carson said sarcastically. Charles glances over to Carson and they both nod to each other, knowing what they have to do. They start to charge towards Tom and the pair take out their guns pointing at the same target. 

Tom, to slow to reaching his firearm, is faced with a gunshot. "Carson how about you actually aim for the guy," Charles shouted. "Oh, just look at the pair of you idiots. Neither of you can stop me." Tom said firing towards them and walking gracefully out of the building. 

Charles looks over to Carson, once he acknowledges he's fine he spoke, "We just let him getaway." He sais shocked. "Charles, no we didn't. If we died who would be backup for Y/n and I'm assuming Harrison and Andie are with her because they disappeared too." "We gotta stop him," Charles said getting up with determination following him.