Chapter 3: Mum

"Tom I think you should go back in and check on Y/n." "Okay, but can you stay, just in case." "Yeah okay, I'll just park and meet you inside in a couple of minutes." Tom nods his head and opens the car door to step out. "She's on the third floor in the ICU, I guess I'll meet you in the waiting room then." He stated as he leaned over the opened door. "Okay, I'll see you soon Tom." She responded as she waved him away.

Tom walks into the waiting room of the ICU to his surprise Carson jumps up and sprints towards him. "Where the hell have you been?" "I'm sorry Carson I just needed to get some air, Andie should be coming soon." "Why is Andie here?" "I wanted to talk to somebody." "You could have just talked to me or Harrison." "Well, Carson I wanted to talk to Andie. How is Y/n?" "They took her up to surgery again. Something about her heart and other organs stopping. Said it could be something very little and they will be done soon or something extremely serious and they could be working for hours to keep her alive."

Tom sits down in the chair next to Harrison and lays his head in his hands.  Harrison turns towards Tom, "She will be fine, she can do it and she will live." Tom throws his hands in the air and gets up, "Can everybody stop telling me Y/n is fine, she isn't fine she is in surgery, hell she may not even live. I am freaking out right now and the more you people keep telling me that she'll be fine the more I think she won't be, the more I worry and freak out." Tom yells.

"Thomas." Tom turns around at the sound of his mothers stern toned voice. He sees Andie standing beside his mother mouthing 'sorry'. "Mum, why are you here?" "I could say the same thing to you. Now, why didn't you ever tell me you had a girlfriend and that she is in the hospital." "Well, I don't have a girlfriend mum." "What?" She asks confused. Harrison stands up beside Tom, "Tom is married." "Thomas, how could you get married and not tell me?"

"Mum, how about you sit down and we can talk about it." Tom mumbles as he guides his mother to a seat across the room away from the rest of the group. They both take a seat next to each other. "So when did you get married?" "Um, about three months ago, it was strictly business related but then I fell in love with her." "Who is this she?" "Y/n Y/l/n, she was the mob boss of the biggest mob in England, then we got married because I was going to kill her parents and then her, so yeah we merged the two mobs through marriage."

"I can't believe you, and your brothers." She states "What did they do?" "The twins are the ones who called and told me she is in the hospital but they said she was your girlfriend, not your wife." "Sorry I didn't tell you sooner a lot has gone on since we got married, we found her brother who was supposedly dead, Zane turned out to be working for the other side which he ran, and he was the one who hurt her and didn't just hurt her killed his own baby which she was carrying without the knowledge of the possibility." Tom explained. "Aren't you forgetting that this isn't the first time she was in the hospital." "The twins told you that too?" He asked surprised. "Yeah, they are pretty bad at keeping things a secret but not as bad as you." "Mum," he says angrily. "I can keep secrets." "I guess that's true when it comes to your love life."

"Mum, I do want to tell you before the others that we made our marriage official once she got out of surgery. " "I'm so glad that you found someone who makes you happy and that you truly care about. Which brings me to question why is Andie here?" She asks curiously. "Well, when Y/n's heart stopped and she like blacked out I panicked and I needed to get out of this building so I went outside then I called Andie because I wanted to talk to somebody."  "But why did you choose Andie?" "I dunno. I really don't know I just called her." "After everything that happened, I'm just really surprised that you guys are still friends." "I wouldn't say, friends but after bringing gunfire into her house not too long ago I wouldn't say we are nothing."

"Thomas you need to stop leaning on Andie every time something goes wrong." She said concerned. "The first time in years I talked to her was when I came to her door with Y/n in my arms unconscious. Then She kept just coming up after that, and it's not like I can completely exile her from my life I have to protect her from the mob world since I brought her in it in the first place." He mumbled. "Thomas you need to learn how to stop blaming everything on you..."

"Excuse me are you, Mr. Holland." A woman in scrubs asks. Tom looks up from his mother to the woman. "Yes, I am." He states with a feeling of hope. "I'm one of your wife's doctors, she is completely fine and is now back in her room. We believe that she will be waking up soon. The  complications that she had have been resolved though it will take a lot of rest and physical therapy for her to get back to herself again, but we can talk about that later, let me walk you to her room." She explains to Tom.

Tom gets up and walks with the woman into the ICU walking down the long hallway, turning into the room where you lie in the bed he sits down in the armchair next to the bed. He takes your hand and holds it tightly.