Chapter 9: A Sort of Reunion

"What about the twins?" Carson asked. "What about them, for all we know they are as corrupted as their older brother." "True, but what if they don't?" "There's no way of knowing if they are, so we shouldn't bring them into this okay, Carson?" "Okay." He responded eyes to the ground."

"I can't believe I ever trusted you or Tom with my sister's safety." "Yet, you did. If it helps I was threatened and manipulated by Tom into doing this. And when I wanted to stop he claimed he would kill Y/n and then me." Carson mumbled, a tear streaming down his cheek. "Well, at least my sister is still alive. Did you actually love her or was that just an act?" Carson asked, needing to know.

"I could never fake loving her, once I knew how deeply in love I was for your sister I wanted to quit, but I loved her so much I sacrificed going through the pain of manipulation to keep her alive. But all I have done has only put her through pain, I ruined her life. Tom is a great actor is all I can say from his performance of 'loving' your sister." Charles admitted. "I'm so sorry that I ever doubted you, and that she choose him over you." "Well, she had no choice remember." "Yeah, I do," Carson said causing them both to laugh.

"Where are we even going?" Carson asked. "I know a guy that can get us to the weapons facility." "Okay, but how?" Carson shook his head, "Really, did no one ever fill you in on anything when we found you?" "Haha, so funny," Carson said not at all amused. " But seriously, where are we going?" "Let's just say, before you get to the facility you have to stop by with the head of the facility, and hopefully we will meet up with them," Charles informed.

"Okay, but does the 'them' also include Tom." "Possibly, I don't completely know how much he knows of the weapons facility." "That's just great," Carson mumbles under his breath. The conversation falls to silence except for the sound of the pair walking.

-

"Charles, why did we just walk all the way to this neighborhood. We have been walking all day." Carson complained. "Don't worry we just need to find the right house," Charles replied annoyed. "Oh goody," Carson mumbled.

They begin to reach the end of the street and reach a house that meets the woods behind it. Charles puts his arm out to stop Carson from walking any further. "This is it," Charles states looking around the area. Carson picks up on his suspicion. "What's wrong?" Charles continues looking around and notices that the two cars look like they were left behind in a rush. "Carson, is that Tom's car?" "Possibly." "Shit. He's here."

Charles pulls Carson over to the side of the first car. Charles brushes his fingers over the bullet holes. "I think Tom found Y/n" He states. "But who knows where they are now or when they got here." "Yeah, I mean they did have cars so," Carson adds. "Good observation would have never guessed," Charles replies.

Charles strays away from where the cars are and wanders to the front porch of the house. Carson notices and catches up. "I think we should check inside," Charles says. They both take out their guns and start to creep into the house. The door was slightly open allowing them to hear faint sounds of people talking."

Charles swears he hears Tom and dashes through the door. When he walks in he has his gun pointed straight at Tom and sees you, Harrison, and Andie tied up on the floor. Carson comes in and starts to run toward you but Tom pulls his gun out stopping him in his tracks.

"Well, it only took so long that I was able to tie them up." "At least we came," Carson shouted. Charles notices the bruises and cuts all along your body, but the one that stands out is the bleeding cut on your cheek. Charles looks away when he notices you are looking at him. "Tom, let them go and you can have it all, the weapons, the mob, just let them go."

Tom walks over to Harrison looking over him. He rips the gag out of Harrison's mouth. "Dearest friend I doubt you ever thought I was capable of all of this." "Tom, I stopped being your friend the minute you turned into a monster." He shouts. "I guess we were never friends then." Tom counters.

Tom walks over passing you to reach Andie. "Let me guess you are the reason why all of this surfaced?" He asked while ripping the gag from her mouth. Andie tears her eyes from his and refuses to answer him. "That's okay darling. I always liked you for your observative skills." Tom then gets on his knees before you.

"Hey, baby girl." He caresses your cheek and you pull away. "What if it were yesterday you wouldn't have pulled away." He said as you grabbed your chin and took the gag out. "Well, yesterday I was unconscious in a hospital bed," You mentioned. "You can't deny that you loved me, darling." "No, I can't but I can say I don't love you anymore." You mumbled. "Ouch, that stings." He said with a chuckle.

"What do you want?" You asked your eyes catch a glimpse of Charles. "I wanted to be with you and raise a child just to kill you and inherit all that is your mob. But your boyfriend over there," He glances over to Charles. "He ruined it all. He killed our child and our future." "Okay, that sucks but he is not anything to me if you haven't forgotten he shot me under your orders." You stated firmly.

Tom moves his hand down your arm. "He chose to shoot you, he thought killing our baby would stop me. Boy was he wrong." He said with a slight smirk. "I guess since Charles means nothing to you, you wouldn't mind if I get rid of him." "Tom, you don't have to do this. I will give you whatever you want." "Oh, so you do care about him." "How could I not I did once love him, and obviously he isn't the bad guy." You replied.

Tom turns around with his gun up. "You two put the guns down and kick them over here," Tom demanded. Carson and Charles exchange looks and does as he said. Tom picks up the two firearms and puts them into the inner pockets of his crisp black jacket. "The two of you are with me, the rest of you don't go anywhere, oh wait you are tied up." He said with a chuckle.

You look over to Harrison and he looks back with sorrow. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you," Harrison whispered. "Haz, it's okay." You whispered back leaning your head on his shoulder. He then kisses you on the cheek, and you faintly smiled.