Chapter 11: Execution

You and Andie creep up toward Tom, Charles, and Carson through the woods. On the other side of the path you see Harrison creeping up on them as well. You look to Andie then Harrison and you know that they are as ready as they'll ever be. You gesture towards Harrison to go. He lounges forward at Tom. As if Tom knew we were on his trail he throws his arm back at Harrison with a gun in hand and shoots. He didn't even look to see who he was shooting.

"It's going to take a lot more then a pathetic little knife to hurt me." He yelled through the trees as he picked the knife up that flew past him moments before. Charles and Carson start searching for us between the limbs. "Come out, come out wherever you are." Tom yelled.

I look at Andie with regret and sorrow as I stepped out of the brush. I stepped out of the trees and wiped my hair out of my face. "Well, isn't it funny seeing you here?" You sarcastically stated. Tom looks at you dead in the eyes, "Aw don't you look as beautiful as ever." He walked over to you, grabbing your arm. You try to pull away but he pulls you closer. "What's wrong love, you don't fancy me anymore?" He questioned. "Fuck you, you made me play your twisted game and made me fall in love with you just for you to kill me for my mob." You spitted in his face.
He grabs your chin and whispers in your ear.

"Maybe I really actually loved you all along and was gonna spare you." You go weak in the knees not knowing if this is a part of his toxic games. You almost fell thinking about the what if but his stubborn grip kept you from falling. L "Tom...I...this better not be apart of your twisted games and lies." He looks you in the eyes and his gaze starts to soften. "I was, really was, but they were always watching me and I had to play their games." You stand up straight. "Who?" "My father and his men." He said looking at the ground. "Did you even want to do any of this?" You asked, practically questioning everything that is your life now. "You think I wanted to kill my best friend, pretend to love you, and then pretend to not love all while ruining you as a person?" You stared into his eyes trying to figure out the answer for yourself. Is he telling the truth? Or is he the enemy?

This was your time while bed at his weakest. You kneed him in the stomach and pushed him to the ground. He held his hands behind his back pushing him into the dirt as hard as you could. "I may have fell for you but I'm not a weak ass bitch. I will not let you manipulate me again. And if you are telling the truth, better not piss me off more or I might just have to shoot you."

Andie untied Charles and Carson. Carson grabber the rope and bolted over to you. "Here sis I got this. Let go of him I got him." You let go of him. You crawl away stunned as you watch your brother tie Tom up. Charles walks over to he sits down on the ground next to you and holds you in a protective hug. "Did I do the right thing?" You whispered so softly. "Y/n, I get that you may feel he's telling the truth because you love him, but there's no way of knowing now." Charles stated firmly. "I know." You said tucking your face in Charles chest tears starting to form.

Andie gets you from the brush and goes over to Harrison. She checks for a pulse, "Guys, he's still alive. His pulse is faint, but we might be able to save him." Andie starts to work on Harrison trying anyway to stop the bleeding. You and Charles rush over to help. "He's not dead. He's not dead." Tom remarked shakily. Charles picks up Harrison while Andie holds part of her pant leg she tore off to his bleeding chest applying pressure. "Okay guys let's go, if we have a chance of saving him we sure as hell are." You shouted. "As for you, buddy? You're mine." You said looking at Tom. You turn him around the way you came and pushed him to start walking with your gun. As he turned around you remembered something. "Wait stop" you demanded. You turn him around and grab his gun. "Carson I thought I taught you better" you said tossing him the gun. "Okay now lets go." You all march down the path in the cold and dark, all hoping that your friend would make it. As for Tom your plans for him are unclear.