Black Butler

"Papa there's someone you need to see," replied Elliot as he led me into the tavern.

By the time we made it to the Tavern all I kept telling myself in my head was. WTF! Over and over again. Where in the world had I ended up in? Did I get on the wrong plane and ended up in some crazy Cosplay town? What is going on? This looked nothing like 2017 if anything it looked like Victorian Era on crack!

"What is it you, little runt? Where's your mother?" A gruff voice called out as an elderly man with a small pot belly, with some scuff on his chin and tired eyes glanced at us as he walked in our line of sight.

"We found this lady lost and confused by the end of the river bridge," replied Elliot.

He looked at me as if he was trying to dissect my existence.

"Go back home to your mother kids," he replied as the kids ran away.

"Excuse me!" I called out to the man who walked further into the empty tavern.

He looked at me passively, "what do you want?"

"Might I intrude here for a couple of days? Your kids stated that above the tavern there are some rooms available," I explained.

He sighed before agreeing as if his life couldn't get any worse. What a strange man.

I was able to give away the gold necklace that I had around my neck in exchange for lodging and food for a few days until I figure my shit out.

In the small cupboard-like room I sprawled on the dirty bed in defeat as I began to cry - I was in a country and time not my own all alone. Hoping I was dreaming and not going through this mess I drifted off to sleep.

-

It was the third day when I was pulled out of my depression when I came into terms that I had somehow time traveled to Britain Victorian Era. Darcy had managed to manipulate me out of my room into the streets of London.

But my attire still didn't help the unwelcoming eyes until her mother was able to loan me out a dress. Now dresses like a Victorian wench I trudged down the street when someone suddenly called out, "watch out! Get out of the way!" 

My head snapped back as I realized one of the horses from the carriage had gotten lose and rowdy and the other still attached to the carriage, both in a panic where dragging a limping carriage left and right along the street. Passerby pedestrians scrambled to one side or the other. I noticed a loose net on the ground by me and a lamp post. 

Thinking quickly I grabbed one end of the net and tied it on one lamp post and grabbed the other net. The horses out of control were charging forth. I knew my sole weight wasn't going to prevent them from just dragging me along. I ran and grabbed the other end. Looking around I noticed a couple of people standing by watching the action and not noticing me. I called them over and they quickly realized the plan before grabbing the other end of the net to help add more manpower in stopping the animals.

We were thankfully able to stop the carriage and prevent too much damage.

The owner of the carriage thanked the group and me profusely and offered me the chance to ride it once free of charge. I declined before heading back to my room.

My footsteps echoed on the sidewalk when suddenly the wind picked up realizing it might rain soon. I began to pick up my pace as I walked back. But alas we can't always pray for good fortune as it suddenly began to rain.

"Oh come on!" I yelled as I hiked up the dress and ran towards cover. As I shivered like a wet cat waiting for the rain to stop my eyes caught something on the ground. As I walked over to pick it up it began to slide down with the water down the street. Rushing after it I was soaking my dress, hair, and makeup as I finally caught up to the wet paper. My eyes caught the headlines of, 

"Phantomhive family fortune reclaimed by the young Earl. Funtom toy company relaunched!"

"!"