In Which Ciel Challenges Me to an Intellectual Dual

Maybe I was expecting too much but the fact of the matter was when your actually in the 1800s there's a few things to note. First of all everyone's a sexist pig, next the plumbing system is disgusting, you better learn to bath in your filthy water. Then there was my expectation of what living in Black Butler would be like. I thought that it would be fun and games. But guess what that was all bull. Ciel rarely spoke to me. He kept me at an arms length. Then there was Sebastian I didn't know if I should be scared of him or observe him under a microscope. How do I even describe this man? Was he even considered a man?

Then there was the matter of why Ciel kept me at arm's length, he didn't trust me.

I mean I'd like to prove myself but I didn't even know when in the timeline I was or how long it took for something to occur. I mean I've watched Black Butler in the span of 30 minutes this was actually real life I couldn't skip or fast forward.

I groaned in boredom as my head slammed down on the table before falling asleep.

--------

Sebastian followed his master as he reported his findings to the Ciel as he looked down the hall in thought.

Ciel sighed in exhaustion as he rubbed his hand against his forehead. He was struggling to put together the scraps of his parents' empire back, asserting his rule over other competitors and his employees and of course rebuilding his reputation.

He steeled his eyes in determination. No! He couldn't just think this way! He had to get his head together! For him to succeed he had to push himself harder. This was not good enough.

His pace quickened as he entered his study. His eye caught a sleeping figure on the table. He took a deep breath ready to reprimand the unpredictable woman. She spoke like she was a sailor, wore clothes much too revealing and her hair like that of a she-devil, her posture much too atrocious, her manner that of a caveman, really he was still confused why he still had her stay at his manor. She had no sense of proprietary. She used his study as if it was her bedroom. If she really knew the extent of her blatant disregard of her implication he'd doubt she'd spend a second in here. But then again she did keep quiet and it helped to have someone in the room while he worked. It gave him reassurance.

He walked up to her to reprimand her when his eyes caught her neatly detailed notebook popped open.

"Master this is...," Sebastian began as he looked over the beautiful color-coded written work displayed by the guest whom his master had housed for the past few weeks. He was shocked at her beautiful yet uncommon penmanship. Then there was the fact that she had detailed outlines of the building blocks of the British Government. Her analysis and theories were intelligent, sharp and clear.

Ciel grabbed the book off the table as he flipped through the pages. He was quite shocked at what he saw. He knew she said she was going to study at Oxford politics he had scoffed internally not really believing her but now he knew her words held truth.

She was good. He thought, better than good. If she were born a man in this era she would have conquered the world.

His eyes turned to her sleeping face that held drool on her lower lip. He bristled in agitation, just when he was actually ready to compliment her, she just had to show him another of her many flaws.

He slammed the book over her head lightly not hard enough to hurt but hard enough to make a sound and wake the victim up from her sleep in a hurry. Said person yelped as she cried out, "I'm here present!"

"What are you sputtering around?" asked Ciel as he towers over her. Sure she was taller than him but not by much probably two to three inches since she was only five two. So on a chair, while she sat and he stood prompted her to look up at him.

"Huh what happened why'd you do that?" she asked in confusion.

"Get up I want you to take a look at some things for me," he instructed as he walked to his desk. He turned to Sebastian as he stopped on the way, "Sebastian have a snack prepared for us in an hour."

"Understood Master," Sebastian bowed before walking out of the study.

---

I rubbed my eyes before sluggishly following Ciel. I sat across from him on a chair and stared into space as he sifted through his paper.

Suddenly he held out some papers for me I raised a brow before taking it off his hand.

"What's this?" I asked.

"It's a negotiation I've been working on with a third party company that I want to dissolve into the Funtom company. I want you to take a look at it and see what changes you can make," he replied.

"This is shocking," I snorted.

"What is?" he asked.

"You actually trusting me and letting me help you," I answered, "what caused you to change your mind. We haven't spoken more than two words in the past few weeks?"

He looked at me with contemplating eyes before leaning in his intense gaze stirred something in me, "I'll trust you this once. But if you fail I'll dispose of you!"

Ah just as I expected just when I thought I was pulling down a wall he pulled out a platinum door.

I stared at him passively, "I'm not your toy. If I was I would have been long gone before you could have handed me this paper."

I grabbed the paper before pulling out my book and some pens as I walked out of the study.

Tch! What a demanding little brat!

I plopped on my bed as I began to read through his stupid contract. What did he think I was stupid or something!