Of Spy-ee Things and Such

"So what did you guys do while I was gone?" I asked as we sat down back into the carriage awkwardly not saying anything.

"Hm," Ciel hummed looking out the carriage window.

"So nothing," Stella mumbled.

"I am sure you and Ms. Nina had a much more eventful time together," Sebastian pitched in.

"Eh, it was fine. Don't get me wrong I love shopping but not this type," I explained.

"How different is it really?" Ciel asked as he looked at me.

"Well think of it this way. Manufactures can mass produce clothes by the millions. You go to a store and there's every style, size and color available to choose from," I tried to explain.

"Must be nice to live an era as such," Ciel mumbled.

"I guess, but I mean it obviously comes with draw backs. Our world is full of hate, war and bigotry. The rich get richer and children still die every day, our planet is dying. You would think that with all the advancement we would change become better people," I answered wryly.

"People don't change," Ciel replied.

"People forget. Who they were, where they came from. History is misconstrued so it will always repeat itself over and over again," I answered.

--

"I have an assignment for you two," Ciel drawled as he looked straight at me with serious eyes.

I plopped down on a chair across from him as he pulled out a letter and handed it to me.

"I've requested to see the logs of my French company for the past week but I've been getting measly scraps of garbage. I need you to go in and infiltrate and find out exactly what is going on," Ciel stated.

"Wait but the ball is in 5 days," I replied.

"It should take you no more than a day to get to France and another back you have a full 24 hours to gather as much information as possible," Ciel commanded.

I raised my hand while Ciel followed with a raised brow.

"Question! Are you actually letting me go in and be all ninja spy-ee," I asked excited.

"I stand corrected Sebastian it seems this will be a one-man job," Ciel stated unamused at my nonsense filled jargon.

"Wait no! I got this! I can do it!" I pleaded.

Ciel looked at before giving in as he nodded. I screamed in glee as I ran out to pack.

--

"Master was that very wise of you?" Sebastian asked still a bit shocked at the prospect that his master trusted Lady Hattie.

"Let's just say I'm starting to see her benefits," Ciel replied.

"Or could it be you've developed a soft spot for her," Sebastian replied as he poured earl grey tea into the porcelain cup.

"What nonsense are you sputtering about," Ciel asked for clarification.

"Well it is evident knowledge that Lady Stella has a tendency to feel caged in and she has been feeling homesick. Could this be your excuse of distracting her. My lord have you developed feelings for the young Lady?" Sebastian asked not too subtly.

Ciel was taking a sip of the warm earl tea when he heard Sebastian's accusations, he spit the hot tea out unceremoniously looking gobsmacked at his Butler.

"What? I never?! Tch-shut up! You don't know what you're talking about! Why are you so interested anyway? Could it be you've developed a soft spot for her?" Ciel asked as he glared at Sebastian.

"I must say she does pose a new form of entertainment I've never encountered, I would not mind keeping one of her likes close for all eternity," Sebastian drawled emotionlessly.

Ciel snorted, "just keep her safe and make sure she doesn't get into too much trouble and that's an order."

"As you wish my lord," Sebastian bowed as he left the earl in his solitude.

--

I jumped in glee as I packed for a trip to France! Oh my gosh I'm so excited!

Paris!