I am in an Unrequired Friendship

"Master today I have prepared a lemon custard with a Earl grey for your afternoon tea," Sebastian stated as he placed the cup with steaming hot tea on the side of a plate of delicious goodness.

That same moment I walked up to the pair as I placed his contract with my own papers which were neatly written out and outlined clearly on the page.

Ciel looked at me asked me, "what is it are you actually done already?"

I nodded my head, "yep! Ohh is this coffee?" I asked Sebastian.

"Certainly my lady. Your keen senses do have a rather strong palette for such concoctions," Sebastian supplied.

"Dude your awesome, I live off of this stuff if only it wasn't as addictive or caused you to go pee every half an hour," I sighed in sadness as my hand picked up the porcelain glass cup before downing it Black with no milk or sugar.

"Oi! Slow down, that's really strong you know," stated Ciel in irritation, "and do have some manners."

I pouted in anger, "your such a buzz kill!"

His irritation still evident in his face gave me no indication of what he was thinking as he began to read my edited contract.

"Hmm, you've actually made this good," he replied impressed after a few minutes as he set it down before taking a slow sip of his tea.

"So did I pass?" I asked as I leaned in eagerly.

"Yes you've passed," he said with a small smile quirking in his face.

"Of course I did. Haha, you actually thought I was asking for your input," I guffawed.

"I beg your pardon what is it exactly that you are implying?!" asked Ciel in confusion.

"Oh please did you think I'm that stupid. I've explored your library long enough to get my hands on the revised copy of this same exact contract that you've already made three months ago. It's quite good I must say. Pretty solid but you missed some stuff. You don't have to pretend your actually going to consider my words when we already know this is a done deal," I answered as I finished my coffee. The bitter taste made me grab a piece of the lemon custard.

Ciel smirked as he folded his hands in front of his desk as he leaned, "your quite good you can work for me."

I raised a brow, "I don't work well with others."

"Then it's a good thing you've met me," he answered.

"Anyways let's get to the real stuff. You've seen what I can do. How about you let me decide what I can and cannot handle," I stated pointedly.

"My how demanding of you my lady," stated Sebastian.

"Demanding? It's not demanding! Demanding implies I am trying to assert my will over someone. No, I'm not demanding I'm just stating a fact because that's what a friend does. Declares they'll help their friend in need," I said.

"I don't have any friends," Ciel cut in.

"Sure you do! I am your friend," I said.

"I don't need any friends and especially one from you," gritted out Ciel.

"Well, the offer still stands anyways I consider you a friend, so whateves! That makes me what? Unrequired friendship?" I asked.

"It's no longer amusing hearing you babble out nonsense," responded Ciel looking unamused with both eyes closed as if he was thinking.

I pouted as I stared at him.

Ciel cracked his one eye open at me as he stared at my face before sighing, "fine...and I'm not talking about the friendship though, I don't believe in that type of thing. Besides a person in my line of work has no friends. But I'll let you help."

"Well the offer still stands, anyways you need to stop being so stubborn and work on that attitude of yours," I quipped before pulling my scrunchy out of my wrist to tie my long hair up.

"Let's just get to work," Ciel sighed.

I raised both of my brows in agreement.