[24]

---

---

I still couldn't believe they wanted to meet me. I didn't know what to do. They had attached their phone numbers so that I could text them instead of this whole back and forth thing. I was thankful for that, except I had no idea what to say. I sat with my phone in hand and their numbers open and a blank text. 

What should I say to them?

With another sigh I locked my phone, throwing onto my bed. I grabbed my textbook and began revising. 

---

"Just in time. Alright, check it out," Mick began, gesturing to Bella. 

"Alright, let's see what you got," Eric spoke.

"My fellow students. Right? Right?  We are the future. Anything is possible if you just believe. Blah, blah, blah," Mike suggested, throwing the paper at Jessica. "And got your self a speech."

"No, this will be my speech. When I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So, thank you," Jess retorted, scrunching up the paper and throwing it at Mike 

"You gotta embrace the cliches, Jess," Mike argued.

"They are the bread and butter of all valedictorians," Eric defended.

"And that is why you are not valedictorian," Angela added. 

"Jess doesn't need cliches. Speech is gonna be epic," Bella spoke up. 

"Epic? It'll change lives."

"That's the kinda confidence that means you're gonna slay this," I complimented. "You gotta make it meaningful, not some trashy cliché that you vomited up," I told. 

The conversation was interrupted as Alice and Jasper sat down at the table. 

"I decided to throw a party," Alice announced. 

"After all, how many times are we gonna graduate high school?" Jasper commented, making Edward chuckle slightly. 

"A party? At your place?" Angela questioned. 

"I've never seen your house," Jess blurted. 

"No one's ever seen their house," Eric reminded. 

"I mean, I've seen their house," I voiced, raising my hand. 

"Another party, Alice?" Edward asked.

"It'll be fun," Alice argued. 

"Yeah. That's what you said last time," Bella added. 

"Get off her back, Bella," I defended. 

It was then that Alice leant backwards, a blank look on her face. She was having a vision.