Chapter 1: Welcome to Isle Delfino

Toadsworth was still flying the plane over to Isle Delfino, while Mario and Meggy were sitting on the couch together watching a movie. After the movie was finished, they switched it over to the map to see how close they are to Isle Delfino. They seem to be pretty close to their destination.

Mario: We're almost there, Meggy. Excited?

Meggy: Of course I am.

A Shine Sprite was appearing on the screen, as they started to get introduced to Isle Delfino via video.

Welcome to the sun-drenched tropical paradise of Isle Delfino! We're so pleased to welcome you to our beautiful home! Come enjoy a natural wonderland to which we've added the world's finest resort facilities, a spectacular amusement park, and succulent seafood!

When Mario first saw the seafood, he started to be lost in his own fantasy.

This and more await you on Isle Delfino! Come relax and let us refresh your body and spirit.

During the video, two shadowy figures who looked like Mario and Meggy were running in the background. Meggy saw this and was shocked.

Meggy: Mario! Do those two look like... us?

Mario was in his own world right now to even notice.

Meggy (thoughts): Ignore that, Meggy. This is Island paradise, and you're gonna love it here with Mario. This is your time with your husband for three weeks. This is your honeymoon, and you gotta enjoy it while it lasts. Don't get stressed out, Meggy. Just enjoy the paradise.

As the plane landed, they were immediately hit with a bump as Toadsworth immediately pulled over after seeing weird-looking goop on the runway.

Meggy: What's going on?

Mario: Forget that, Meggy. The food awaits!

Mario, Meggy, and Toadsworth walked off the plane and saw goop shaped like Mario and Meggy's heads on the ground. Two random Toads were right beside it.

Toad 1: What's this icky pai...

They saw that Meggy is here and tried not to say paint.

Toad 1: I mean, what's this icky goop?

Toad 2: It's moving!

Mario (thoughts): Damn. I thought those little Toadies will be gone from our sight during our honeymoon.

Toadsworth: Now now, boys! Don't touch that stuff!

Meggy saw weird looking versions of her and Mario, and she was surprised.

Meggy: Guys, do you see...

Toadsworth was talking to Mario about trying to clean the goop up.

Mario: Aww... do I have to?

Meggy looked back to the location of the weird versions of her and Mario, and she noticed they were gone.

Meggy: Mario. I have a bad feeling about this.

Mario: Don't worry, Meggy. Once this goop is cleaned up, we'll have a great time together on our honeymoon.

Mario and Meggy ran around the goop and began talking to everyone for assistance. As they were talking, however, they came across a robot with a nozzle on top of it. It started up as soon as Mario and Meggy got closer to it.

???: Power-up complete. Thank you for purchasing this item from Gadd Science, Incorporated. Preparing to register customer information.

Mario: Hey, I haven't bought something that looked like this. What's going on here?