Chapter 8: Gelato Beach

(The Watermelon Festival wins)

Mario, Meggy, and F.L.U.D.D., now with their new partner, Yoshi, kept exploring Isle Delfino and collecting a ton of Shines, as they discovered a new portal to a location on the side of a lighthouse. It goes to Gelato Beach, and they collected a few Shines there. Yoshi decides to stay behind when they go inside.

The Shines at Gelato Beach are things like jumping and running around on a giant mirror, fighting a giant Wiggler, trying to stay on a Sand Bird, and racing against Il Piantissimo. The next Shine they were to find will soon make them frustrated.

They arrived at Gelato Beach, and as with every other Shine in this area, they get annoyed by the Cataquacks and sometimes get launched by them.

Mario: Just leave us alone! You're all annoying!

They noticed that there's some big watermelons placed all over Gelato Beach.

Mario: Are those big watermelons?

Meggy: I think this might be the Watermelon Festival that I saw a few Piantas talk about.

They ran over to the smoothie shop and talked to the Pianta at the front.

Pianta: I wanna take the biggest watermelon and make smoothies! Really good ones! And give them to the Shine Sprites! In appreciation for all they do for us! You know?

Mario: Shine Sprites? Dude, they aren't sentient. Get your head straight.

They then went over to a Noki.

Noki: I wanted to get some juice smoothies for the kids, but now...

Mario: But now what?

Meggy: I think they need a watermelon in order for them to make smoothies. We gotta find one, but how?

Mario: There are watermelons right here, but they pop the second I start rolling them around.

Meggy: Which one doesn't pop instantly?

Mario: Hmm.

They looked up and saw the biggest watermelon of them all.

Meggy: That one looks perfect!

They ran all the way to the top and came across the giant watermelon.

Mario: Let's take this watermelon all the way to the smoothie shop.

They started rolling the watermelon down the hill, as it landed on the ground and they ran to it. A Cataquack saw the watermelon and hit it by launching it into the air, causing it to get popped.

Mario: Oh, you son of a bitch.

Meggy: Let's just get back up there.

They went back up there again and saw the watermelon is back.

Meggy: How did it...

Mario: Don't get confused, Meggy. It's logic in this world.

They pushed the watermelon down again, but it immediately popped once it hit the ground this time.

Mario: Damn it.

Meggy: Let's try not to get angry. *sighs*

The watermelon grew back, as they were extremely careful this time in pushing the watermelon. They kept avoiding the Cataquacks, but they keep failing and getting launched by them. However, even though they were pushing the watermelon extremely carefully, it got hit by the mirror and it popped.

Mario: Mama f*cker!

Meggy started to get a little frustrated, as they went back up the hill.

Mario: Okay. The most careful as we can be this time.

Meggy: Don't forget to avoid the Cataquacks.

Mario: Let's just hold this thing.

Meggy: Alright. Let's...

Just when they started holding the watermelon, it immediately slipped out of their hands and landed on them, as it rolled down the hill again. It continued rolling and it dodged the Cataquacks, as it made its way to the smoothie shop.

Mario: Meggy! Look! The watermelon made it!

Meggy: Oh yes!

Pianta: A watermelon! Time to make you into smoothies and...

He hugged the watermelon, as it accidentally popped yet again.

Meggy: OH COME ON!!!

Mario: ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Mario and Meggy were now so angry that they were about to ragequit, until F.L.U.D.D. helps them out.

F.L.U.D.D.: Let me handle this.

The watermelon grew yet again, as F.L.U.D.D. started to spray it, but it suddenly popped yet again instantly.

F.L.U.D.D.: Oops.

Mario: Even the water robot failed?!

Meggy: I'm now getting pissed, and that's kinda rare.

Mario: How many times do we have to push the watermelon and fail?!

They pushed the watermelon down the ground again and failed 20 more times until they were starting to get sick of it.

Mario: Jesus goddamn Christ, this is so impossible!

Meggy: Alright, that's it! I know how to push this and not make it pop!

Meggy shot ink at the watermelon, and it didn't pop.

Mario: Genius! Now aim at the top of the smoothie shop!

Meggy: Okay.

She shot the watermelon many times and it landed at the top of the smoothie shop and started getting blended and a Shine came out.

Mario: Finally! You did it, Meggy! You made us not do 5 more hours of this shit! Thank you!

Meggy: No problem, Mario.

They ran back down to the smoothie shop, as they were thanked by the Pianta at the front.

Pianta: Whoa! Now, that's a big ol' watermelon like I've never seen!! I don't even need to get out the calliper for this one! You win!

Mario: So we win a Shine?

Meggy: Yes we do. There's one on the roof.

Mario: Take us up there, F.L.U.D.D.

Mario carried Meggy, as F.L.U.D.D. used the Hover Nozzle to take them up there. They all grabbed the Shine and they were both celebrating and exhausted.

Mario: My god, that took quite a damn long time.

Meggy: I hated going through that. That was so stressful.

Mario: Me too, Meggy. That was harder than the goddamn Sand Bird mission.

Meggy: Well, at least we're closer to our goal in defeating Bowser Jr. and Peach, and that's all that matters. You wanna stay here and relax while joining the Watermelon Festival after going through this hell of a Shine?

Mario: Of course I do. Let's a-go!

They walked to the shores of Gelato Beach and began to relax while eating a watermelon together. They were happy that they were done with their huge frustration of pushing the watermelon down the hill and it getting popped way too many times, but their entire journey isn't over yet.

Sirena Beach will be the focus of the next chapter. I'll see you later!