Chapter 9: Sirena Beach

Mario and Meggy continued on their Shine-collecting journey, as they noticed something unusual on the roof of a building. It was a pipe with a giant pineapple inside of it.

Meggy: What's that covered pipe doing up there?

Mario: It's covered with a huge pineapple.

Meggy then got an idea.

Meggy: I know someone who can open this for us.

Mario: Who are you talking about, Meggy?

Meggy: You'll see.

They ran over to where a Yoshi egg is and hatched their friend with the help of another fruit.

Meggy: We got something big that we need you for, little guy.

Mario, Meggy, and Yoshi ran over to the pipe on the roof.

Yoshi: *sigh* Really? Do I have to?

Yoshi stuck his tongue out, pulled the pineapple out of the pipe, and ate it up.

Mario: Alrighty!

Meggy: Great job, Yoshi.

Yoshi: Aw, I'm so full.

Yoshi started to puke, and then he fell off the building and knocked out. Meggy gasped at this.

Mario: We can get another Yoshi. Let's go in the pipe already!

Mario and Meggy jumped in the pipe and arrived at Sirena Beach. It was a very relaxing beach complete with a hotel that's currently... gone.

Meggy: Hey. I heard that a hotel is in this area, but it's gone now. What's the deal with that?

Mario: I guess there might be a reason to that. Let's talk to the people here. Maybe they know the answer.

They ran over to the hotel grounds, where they found out that there's some more goop where the hotel used to be. The hotel owner was in front of the goop, possibly guarding it.

Mario: Fear not, citizens! For there is a way to clear all of this goop and get your hotel back! F.L.U.D.D. right here will be able to clean the goop up, and maybe then it'll make your hotel grow from the ground. Don't say I'm crazy. I saw buildings that came from the ground earlier in our journey.

Hotel owner: Oh, please tell me my nightmare is over! You can save me! I don't know why, but you two look very... capable to me. Listen... it all started around noon. This giant manta-shaped... thing showed up. It was this paper-thin... floating silhouette. It came and covered the hotel grounds in this electric goop. Then... oh, the horror! My beautiful hotel! My poor building! It sank in the middle of that awful ooze! Why me? WHY??? Now, I've got the staff cleaning up, but where's my hotel? What am I supposed to do? I can't just sit back and... AIIIGH! It's back! That gossamer ghoul! Do something!

Suddenly, a paper-thin silhouette that looked like a manta ray came out of the water and onto the shores of Sirena Beach, as all of the Piantas ran away, leaving just Mario, Meggy, F.L.U.D.D., and the giant electric manta ray that leaves a trail of electric goop.

Mario: What is that thing?

Meggy: It must be that manta ray silhouette that the owner was talking about. Let's wipe that ray out!

Mario: And I know how! By spraying it with water! Take it away, F.L.U.D.D.!

F.L.U.D.D. started to spray the electric manta ray silhouette with water, as it shot out sparks and started to divide.

Meggy: What?!

F.L.U.D.D.: Spraying it with water causes it to divide!

Mario: Oh my god.

F.L.U.D.D. continued to spray more water, as the rays keep getting divided into more, smaller rays.

F.L.U.D.D.: They are dividing into smaller units!

After a lot of dividing, it was starting to get ridiculous.

Mario: They're everywhere!

Meggy started to get surrounded by some of the rays, as she called out Mario for help.

Meggy: Mario! I'm surrounded! Help me!

Mario: I'm coming, Meggy! F.L.U.D.D., now!

Mario jumped high so he can get on top of the rays, as F.L.U.D.D. started to use the Hover Nozzle on them, causing them to divide some more and then turn into dust and fly away. One small ray started to get closer to Meggy and actually shock her.

Meggy: Ow!

Mario: Get your hands off my wife! F.L.U.D.D.! Faster!

F.L.U.D.D. sprayed the rays with water at a faster rate and cleared all of the ones near Meggy out. Mario landed on the ground and immediately ran to Meggy so he can treat her shocked bruise.

Mario: F.L.U.D.D., keep spraying at the rays so I can treat Meggy's shocked bruise. Where does it hurt, Meggy?

F.L.U.D.D. kept spraying water at the dividing rays and making them disappear, while Mario keeps helping Meggy out.

Mario: I can't believe that those electric rays would dare to shock you.

Mario started to shed a tear, as Meggy wiped it off.

Meggy: Don't cry, Mario. I'm still gonna be okay. All I need is a rest to heal that shocked bruise up. I'll be fine.

Mario hugged Meggy, and Meggy hugged back.

Mario: Thank you. I feel so worried about you.

Meggy: I know, Mario.

F.L.U.D.D. finished spraying the rays as Mario and Meggy were finished hugging. All of the rays have now disappeared.

Mario: F.L.U.D.D., you genius! You're a hero!

Meggy: You saved the hotel! Great job!

F.L.U.D.D.: Aww, it was nothing, fellas.

Suddenly, all of the electric goop disappeared, as the hotel started to rise out of the ground.

Mario: I knew it!

A Shine then came out of the hotel, as the Piantas came back and celebrated. They were cheering for Mario and Meggy and thanking them for bringing back the hotel.

Mario: I told you that F.L.U.D.D. would be a savior of the hotel.

Meggy: You're welcome, everybody. Now could you let us get to the Shine please?

The Piantas moved so Mario and Meggy can run towards the Shine and grab it. After their celebration, Meggy unexpectedly ran to the hotel, with Mario following her. They went inside, as Meggy checked in and bought a room for her and Mario. Once the room was paid for, she ran inside and immediately went to the bed.

Meggy: Ahh, that's better and relaxing.

Mario: You do need that rest, don't you? Well... if it's to heal your bruise, then I understand. I'm laying down with you. I'm a-tired.

Mario laid down with Meggy, as they both kissed and went to sleep after the unexpected chaos they've been through today.

The next chapter isn't gonna be focused on one full level, but three secret levels, including one that all of you hate a lot. *cough* pachinko machine *cough*.

See you all in the next chapter.