Chapter 10: A Few Secrets

Mario, Meggy, and F.L.U.D.D. were searching high and low for more Shine Sprites. They're getting closer to their goal in Corona Mountain.

Mario: Looks like Isle Delfino is looking brighter than when we first came here.

Meggy: Yep. We're closer to Corona Mountain and beating those two villains that were disguising as evil versions of us.

Mario: What happened yesterday was weird.

Meggy: Yeah. That crazy soldier guy came out of nowhere and took our hats again. That really was weird.

(If you read the "Hat Thief" chapter of Meggy X Reader, then this'll make sense)

Meggy then noticed a pipe on a small island close to them.

Meggy: Hey Mario. I see a pipe over there on that island.

Mario: I wonder where that leads to.

They went to another area of Delfino Plaza and went down the manhole. They then ran through the pipes and went out to the island closest to the one they're looking for. They then had to wait until a boat comes. It then came a minute later, as Mario and Meggy jumped on it. The boat then travelled to the island with the pipe on it, as they jumped off the boat and went into the pipe.

They came out the other side and saw a long track filled with poisonous water and a lily pad on top of it.

Mario: Ooh. Very scary.

Meggy: Looks like we have to ride this lily pad through the track so we don't touch the poisonous water.

They jumped on the lily pad, as they're now figuring out how to move it.

Mario: I think I have to move this lily pad the same way as the boat in Noki Bay. F.L.U.D.D., you know what to do.

F.L.U.D.D. started spraying water to move the lily pad, as they now have to be very careful in steering the lily pad towards the 8 Red Coins they have to collect in order to get the Shine.

They, however, miss one Red Coin, but they can't move the lily pad back.

Mario: I'll try to get that Red Coin with the help of F.L.U.D.D.'s Hover Nozzle. Wish me luck, Meggy.

Meggy: Be careful, Mario.

Mario started to carefully walk on the side of the track, as he made his way to the Red Coin and used the Hover Nozzle so he'll not fall in the poison water. He grabbed the 8th Red Coin, as a Shine appeared beside Meggy.

Meggy: Great job, Mario! Now come back over here so we can get this Shine!

Mario: Okie dokie!

Mario got back to the side of the track and carefully ran back to Meggy and got the Shine.

Meggy: That was fun and interesting.

Mario: I love finding secrets.

They saw a pipe beside them, as they jumped in and went back to Delfino Plaza.

Mario: Let's see what other secrets there are in Isle Delfino.

Meggy: Sure. We gotta look extremely hard for secrets.

They started looking for secrets, as they came across a box for a new nozzle for F.L.U.D.D. It was the Rocket Nozzle, as they picked it up.

F.L.U.D.D.: Looks like you got the Rocket Nozzle. Try it out.

Mario started to charge up the Rocket Nozzle and began to run extremely fast.

Meggy: Woah! You're going so fast!