Chapter 5: Valentine's Day Off

It's Valentine's Day. The day of love. The IDPD gave Mario and Meggy a day off for Valentine's Day so they can celebrate their love for each other. They held hands and walked through Delfino Plaza, both staring into each other's eyes.

Mario: Happy Valentine's Day, Meggy.

Meggy: Today is the day we show our true love to the fullest, and I feel so happy.

Mario: Me too, my love.

They decided to return to Bianco Hills just so they can hang out there. They walked around Bianco Hills and talked to each other, as they found a secret opening on the side of a wall that they never noticed before.

Mario: What's this doing here?

Meggy: I don't know, but since we're going around Bianco Hills already, let's go through this and see what's inside.

Mario: Sure.

They walked inside, but it now feels like they're falling.

Mario: What is going on?

Meggy: I don't...

Before Meggy could finish her sentence, Shadow Mario and Meggy grabbed the real Meggy, along with F.L.U.D.D.

Mario: What're you doing? What's going on here?

Meggy: Let me go! Mario, help me!

Mario: Meggy!

Mario tried to save her, but it was too late, as he arrived at the Secret Course.

Mario: No, goddamnit! Let me save Meggy!

He saw that the only way to save her was to get through the Secret Course, as at the end of the course, on top of a palm tree, was Meggy and F.L.U.D.D. tied onto it.

Mario: I'm coming to save you, Meggy!

He ran without looking at the ground, as he started to fall off the course, but he respawned at the beginning.

Mario: Son of a bitch. Concentrate, Mario. Your wife is on the other side of this course. Keep it together. Let's get through this.

Mario jumped from platform to platform, avoiding falling down and also dodging blocks that'll push him off the edge. It took 2 minutes, but he got to the other side and reunited with Meggy.

Mario: I got ya, Meggy.

Mario climbed up the tree and grabbed Meggy and F.L.U.D.D., while also untying their knots, and he set them free, as Meggy hugged Mario as hard as she could.

Meggy: My hero!

Mario: I was so worried about you being kidnapped. I thought I would never see you again.

Meggy: Well... me too. Thank you so much for saving me. I really appreciate it.

Meggy kissed Mario on the cheek. Mario blushed a little.

They grabbed the Shine Sprite and headed back to Delfino Plaza. They started to walk all around the plaza, both  very happy to be with each other again.

Meggy (thoughts): Oh, he's so dreamy.

They continued to hang out together and have fun on Valentine's Day. They were talking about each other's lives and their memories of them together, and once they walked near a cake shop, Meggy found the perfect gift to give to Mario.

It was hours later, and their day was still going strong. They did many of the fun things to do in Isle Delfino, relax on the beach, and still have a lot of fun.

Mario: You loving today so far, Meggy?

Meggy: Of course I do, Mario. This is the best Valentine's Day ever so far.

Mario: This is so great.

Meggy: Hey, Mario. Wait here. I have to prepare something for today.

Mario: Okie dokie.

Meggy ran all the way to the cake shop and bought a cake for the two of them to share. Then she ran over to the store and bought 10 plates of spaghetti for Mario. Meanwhile, Mario was making a few changes to F.L.U.D.D. as Meggy's gift.

Once Meggy got done with her things, he put them on a cart and brought them over to Mario's location, but she has to put it behind a building to make it a surprise.

Meggy: Hey Mario! I have a surprise for you!

Meggy covered Mario's eyes like a blindfold and brought him over to the gift. She then uncovered Mario's eyes to show him her gift.

The cake Meggy bought for Mario was chocolate flavoured and had a heart on it made of strawberries.

Meggy: Surprise! I bought you a cake! And I'm not lying like what Peach did 8 years ago. This is a real cake! You deserve it, Mario, along with 10 plates of spaghetti.

Mario: YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Mario began to eat the spaghetti, as Meggy gave Mario a slice of the cake, and he immediately ate it up.

Meggy: (laughs) You always make me laugh.

Mario: I have a gift for you too. Wait here and eat your slice of cake. I'll be right back.

Mario brought out F.L.U.D.D., but he made a few changes.

Mario: I modified F.L.U.D.D.! This time it can shoot ink along with water. Both of them are in 2 different tanks with 2 levers to shoot one of them. Try it out!

Meggy put on F.L.U.D.D. and shot ink out.

Meggy: This is cool! Thanks, Mario!

Mario: I also brought these for you, darling.

Mario got out a box of chocolates and a bouquet of orange flowers.

Meggy: (gasp) They're beautiful!

Mario and Meggy hugged each other.

Mario: I love you, Meggy.

Meggy: I love you too, Mario. Happy Valentine's Day.

They kissed each other for a minute until they finished their kiss so they can breathe.

Meggy: Now let's get started on eating our food. Shall we?

Mario: Let's eat! Mario's a-hungry!

They started going through the cake, spaghetti, and chocolates. Both of them are happy to be together on this day doing great things for each other, and they're both very happy.

Meanwhile, Shadow Mario and Meggy were negotiating their plan.

Shadow Mario: Well, our plan in kidnapping Meggy was a bust.

Shadow Meggy: But at least we kidnapped her. That's important enough.

Shadow Mario: Well, how about we strike at Pinna Park next? They're both bound to go there next.

Shadow Meggy: Perfect. Nobody disses me.

They laughed maniacally, both hoping for Mario and Meggy to fall into their trap.

The focus of the next chapter is gonna be Pinna Park. See you later. Happy Valentine's Day!