Eighth

Diji

"You're just a baby" One of the girls in my 'fan club' dropped down on her knees for me.

"Nah, get up. I'm good on it"

She was just one year older than me.

I hated that shit.

"Oh, sorry! I-"

"Dash Ferguson! You're on!" Someone hollered throughout the halls and knocked on my door.

I made her leave before I did.

When I stepped out, the crowd started screaming.

I gave a head nod and climbed into the ring. 

"You too young for the ring! What? Ain't you like 16?" My opponent teased.

17.

And I had been boxing for all 17 of them too.

I nodded my head.

Not because I agreed with him, but because I was confirming with myself that he had to get his ass beat.

3...2...1

I slid toward him, and he covered his face.

I faked him out before jabbing him on the side of his head, and backing up.

He dropped instantly, and the ref pointed to a corner before waving the fight off.

I backed away and watched the nigga get helped.

"Fuck" I mumbled.

I didn't even hit him that hard.

I actually wanted to fight him for a bit, but sometimes I forgot how strong I was.

Dad always told me that.

"Go Dash!" Some girls hollered.

His team came to assist him.

It was evident that he was unable to get up.

"You son of a bitch!" His manager shouted.

I didn't even think twice about busting him in his shit too.

He dropped just as easy, and the ref stepped between us, yelling in my face and pushing up on me.

Two people jumped in the ring.

"Move from my nephew!" Uncle Deon said.

"That bastard fucked up his eye!" Someone from the opposing team said.

I took my mouthguard out, and walked around my father. "Call me out my name again, and see what the fuck else I do"

"Aye!" Dad hit me in my chest. "Bring ya ass on. Tone it down."

I exhaled hard and stepped down to grab my things.

The three of us walked out together.

"Why you make the fight so quick?" My uncle asked.

"Cause he was a dummy"

Dad shook his head. "You have to control yourself, Diji"

"Nobody gon' disrespect me in my own city, dad. It's not happening" I shook my head.

"I don't know why Darold's acting shocked. You got skills like him and the attitude of Sayvior" Uncle Deon said.

My mom had skill too, it's just that she wasn't as good as my dad before he trained her.

"There's no way that I got that from mom"

-