✩••••̩̩͙⊰•** 𝑰𝑰𝑰

✩••••̩̩͙⊰•** 𝑹𝑶𝑨𝑫 𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑷𝑺 aren't all fun and games

✩••••̩̩͙⊰•** 𝑹𝑶𝑨𝑫 𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑷𝑺 aren't all fun and games. Well, yeah, they are, but I guess sometimes things happen. The point is that six powerful teens stuffed into a car for more than six hours can become upsetting for all parties.

After a week of some intense bonding and visiting some of their home country's popular tourist attractions, the Bakusquad (or was it Shimasquad?) had become tired of having no room to sleep or move. They were almost pro heroes, and were not built to sit in one spot for long.

Yeah, the road trip wasn't thought through, but they didn't regret it. They just needed one night in a normal bed, and then they could be back on the road.

That's how they found themselves at the dinner table of a kind and welcoming woman, her husband and young son slightly confused but polite all the same. Those types of things seemed to run in Eijiro's family.

"What's it like having Kirishima as a nephew?" Kaminari questioned mischievously. Kiri glanced at him nervously, his eyes screaming 'That's not very manly of you.'

"Oh," Hama smiled sweetly, "he's such a humble young man, which is surprising with the amazing quirk he has. He really doesn't believe it, but I'm glad he found some great friends who can help convince him otherwise."

Sero elbowed Kirishima softly at the revelation, sincere disbelief written over his eyes. The red-haired teen decided to avoid the eyes of any of his friends, especially the ashy blond who watched him curiously.

"But enough of that," his aunt continued on, aware of his uncomfortableness. Kiri's cousin seemed entranced by Mina's horns, and she bent her neck to let the little boy poke them. "Tell me about yourselves! You all seem like such kind heroes in the making."

"Of course we are," Bakugo scoffed. Kirishima kicked him harshly, the ashy blonde not flinching and instead glancing to him with a raised eyebrow. Shimazu shrugged, her yellow eyes meeting the older woman's.

"Sorry, he's not wrong."

"Oh, it's okay darling," she chuckled. "I totally agree. Tell me, what are your hero names? It'd be nice to know them before your debut in a few years." Everyone immediately began talking, still proud of the names they had created. After the noise died down, they repeated themselves in an orderly manner.

Alien Queen, Cellophane, Red Riot, Charge Bolt, and Tendril. Katsuki blushed lightly when it was his turn, revealing that he was still working on it (since Lord Explosion Murder didn't work out). The dude legit had no reason to be embarrassed, but I guess it sucks being the last one to do something when you're usually at the top. The six friends talked about life at UA and their road trip awhile longer, and soon enough all the food on the table was gone and they were cleaning up.

"Honey, can you–" Kirishima's aunt cut her request off when she saw that her husband was already starting on the dishes, before turning to the gaggle of rowdy teenagers. "Oh, thank you. Anyways, you guys can sleep in the basement. It's a nice one, I promise. Try not to be super loud after 11, that's my son's bedtime on the weekends." She smiled politely, and they all nodded in response.

Kirishima led them to the basement, pausing at the top of the staircase. Kaminari looked over his shoulder and cringed at the sight. "Dude, that looks horrifying."

"Just turn the damn lights on, Dunce Face," Bakugo growled. Katsuki went to do the job himself, swiping his hand across the wall. "Where's the fucking light switch?!"

"I think it's downstairs, Bakubro."

"Then go turn it on!"

"No way, not by myself! Mina, come with me!"

"Are you crazy?!" Ashido screeched in response. "Sero!"

"Don't look at me!"

Their shouts covered up the sound of a soft pop, and suddenly Raia was pushing them away from the doorway. They watched as she used her quirk to reach down, one of the terrifying tendrils looping around the corner. No one breathed as silence enveloped the air, and then suddenly the lights flicked on.

Raia sighed in relief, already walking down the stairs. "I hated that, but only a little."

"You're all so damn dramatic!" Katsuki huffed, pushing past Shimazu as the extra appendages slinked back into her body. "I'm going to bed!" He didn't even think twice about plopping down on the pull out couch, not even pulling it out. Raia maneuvered around him, pulling out the bed part before lying across it.

"It's only 9PM," Mina hummed. He responded with a muffled 'I don't fucking care' before falling silent once again.

And so the remaining four shoved themselves onto the couch/bed combo, Denki draping himself across Raia and Eijiro laying his head against Katsuki's back. They wished each other sweet dreams, and fell asleep with the lights on to keep away spooky monsters.

here's a shitty chapter before i
ghost on this book again 😳😳

i stopped working on it for over a
month so i could write a fic for
a friend's birthday and now im
doing that again so goodbye ☺️