✩••••̩̩͙⊰•** 𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄

✩••••̩̩͙⊰•**𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑻 𝑫𝑨𝒀

✩••••̩̩͙⊰•**𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑻 𝑫𝑨𝒀. There wasn't much else to say that Raia hadn't already mulled over.

Their last activity for the vacation of the century was to be merely ten minutes away from their homely motel and forty-five minutes away from their homely homes. It was a bridge, overlooking the view of a raging river that was guardian of the serene forests beyond.

A small tent was set up at the edge of the elevated concrete slab, protecting a small plank that looked over the water. It could only be a chasm to those that watched over in fear.

It was a chasm to everyone but Shimazu.

"Bungee jumping?"

Kaminari couldn't help but to cringe as he glanced over the strong aluminum railing. His voice rose in pitch and he felt his pores become coated with a slick sweat.

Raia nodded in comfirmation, and raised an eyebrow to ask if it was a problem. "We have to do something new and exciting today." We have to. 

"Yeah," Kirishima said shakily at first, but then he clenched his fist and his volume rose with a newfound confidence. "Yeah! Shimazu's right, when will we get the chance again? School is only gonna get harder from here."

Kirishima continued to assist Shimazu in rallying up their remaining friends. Sero was the first one to accept. If he somehow fell, so what? His quirk was kind of perfect for that situation. Mina was next. She had never necessarily been a cowardly girl, and she decided that Uraraka would be disappointed if she stopped now. Kaminari was last. Imagine all the girls and gals he could impress with that fun fact!

With a small cheer, the five looked towards Bakugo in anticipation. Kiri was the first to notice the explosion boy's slight tremble as he glared at them harshly, nudging Raia in order to get her attention.

"What's up, Bakugo?" She hummed before stepping closer. A strand of raven hair blocked her vision as the wind swept by, and was gone just as quick.

"No way in goddamn hell I'm jumping off any bridge," he told her firmly. Raia rolled her yellow eyes.

"Oh, c'mon. You've been through way worse."

"No."

"It'll be so quick too. Stop being a pissbaby."

"No."

"Lets go, Kats, we don't have all—" Raia reached out a pale hand to grab his shoulder, but let out an uncharacteristic gasp as he smacked her away.

"I said no!" He roared. His eyes burn with the power of a typhoon and his shoulders shook with the quake of a tsunami. "Why do you have to be so fucking stubborn? Always pushing me and everyone else to do shit we could care less for!" He didn't even pause to think, the storm raging forward. "It's annoying! You're annoying! You have been from day fucking one. You and that ass nickname!"

His chest heaved for a moment. The words sank in. His jaw relaxed and his eyes widened with regret after a moment. A short, tense, fleeting moment.

Their four other friends stared at him in complete shock, his outburst out of character for the boy who had months upon months of character development. But he didn't look at them.

He didn't care what they thought of him. He didn't care what anyone thought. He would be #1 and lowly glances or unimportant insults would not deter him.

So why did he suddenly care what she thought? When he looked at the yellow eyed girl, why did his stomach flip as the emotion in her eyes bubbled up?

Unlike Katsuki Bakugo, Raia Shimazu knew she cared. She cared so deeply. Not neccesarily about the thoughts that ran through stranger's minds, but most defnitely what her companions thought of her.

So it was only natural that her cool and borderline apathetic facade fell as the one she held high in her head berated her.

And despair filled her. Despair despair despair. Tendril, the despair hero.

Cared. She cared. Despair didn't, despair knew there was no point. And so the corner of her lip upturned shakily. Don't crack.

"Ah," Kirishima breathed as Bakugo glared at his own hands in disgust, "Shima—"

"My fault," she interrupted. She tried to say more. I know I was being pushy. She couldn't finish, so she just turned around.

And they watched despair stumble away.