4.

Dean leans in the doorway of the shelter in Bobby's basement watching Sara, she looks tired, drained and it hurts him. All he wants to do is hug her, kiss it all better like he's done in the past, but it won't work this time, it'll only make it worse. But he has missed her, less then seven days without her with them, less then seven days of her laughing at his stupid jokes. They've travelled through time together, visited alternate realities, fought the devil, killed vampires, ghost, werewolves, wraiths, shifters, reapers, angels, demons, leprechauns and so much more together. He remembers clear as day the day they met, the first time he'd seen her. He will always remember that day.

.................

Four years ago:

Dean and Sam had been hunting a shifter, nasty sob that was really digging his claws into the podunk town. They'd tracked it to a warehouse and come across two blondes, two 'Sara's' fighting. Dean and Sam had raised their guns and the two women snapped their heads around, eyes widening.

"No no no, wait" both stated holding up their hands. "Please, it's her" they both pointed to one another. Dean and Sam shared a look, a silent conversation passing between them. Dean looked between the two of them, the eyes usually give them away, the human has human expression, human emotions and the monster doesn't. He'd seen her straight off, the difference between the two of them and he'd shot the shifter and the real Sara hadn't flinched at all, she'd lowered her hands.

"What was that thing? Why did it look like me?" She asked staring down at the body of her 'shadow-self', a carbon copy of herself, which had really freaked her out, given what she is.

"A shifter" Dean had told her, walking closer pulling a blade from his belt. "Touch this for me, sweetheart" he told holding out the silver blade, she'd looked at him with such a look of frustration and annoyance but she was a good sport and she'd touched it, raising an eyebrow at the two of them.

"Did I pass your little test?" she'd asked, a small smirk creeping onto her lips. Dean huffed a laugh and held out his hand.

"Dean Winchester" he'd told her, smouldering a sexy little smirk at her.

"Sara" she offered. "Sara Lance" and they'd stared at one another, eyes locked. Green on blue.

.........

Present:

Dean is pretty sure that was the moment he'd fallen in love with her, and he never believed in that love at first sight crap, but now four years later he knows that he does, with her, believe in that. And he'd....broken it, hurt her and he fears that when this is all over, he might never be able to fix it. And the sex, he's been with his share of women, he's been with a lot of men's share of women but Sara. It was so much more in every single way. And he won't ever have it as good, he knows that, and yet he still pushed her away from him. And watching her now, he just....misses her.

"Sara..." he states stepping forward.

"If there's one thing" Tony's voice sounds from Sara's jacket pocket and she groans hanging her head. "I've proven it's that you can count on me to pleasure myself" Dean snorts a laugh before Sara snatches her phone from her pocket and answers it.

"Stop changing my ring tone" she hisses into the phone, Dean can hear chuckling on the other end. Tony's chuckling. "It's not funny, you know I don't know how to change it back. What do you want? I told you I'd call you later"

"Terminator keeps asking me where you are and when you're coming back" Tony answers. "He's even following me around, I'm currently hiding in a supply closet" he admits.

"Tony, you know I can never figure out your stupid nicknames, just use their real names"

"Barnes" Tony groans.