34.

More Than One Year Later:

Bucky lingers in getting out of bed, Sara sleeps soundly on her side, she looks so beautiful sleeping like this, so peaceful. It's been more than a year since Bobby's death, more than a year since Dean's. Sam had turned up in tears the day after they'd gone after Dick Roman. Sara didn't have the heart to turn him away, not with him hurting. So he stayed, just a few days. Then left. Sara had then admitted to Bucky that Dean's death....she didn't really feel anything, just numbness. That maybe she'd lost him too many times to feel it any more. So Sara decided she'd had enough. No more hunting. No more Winchesters. And she's kept true to it. No hunting. No Sam. Just him and the others. And because of it, she and Steve are closer, she and Wanda are closer. And she and Bucky....well it feels like they've been together for years, well....it's been one year now. A whole year. And Bucky swears she gets more and more beautiful as they days, weeks and months go one with her at his side. 6 months now she's been living with him. A little studio apartment on the Upper East Side, thanks mostly to Tony and Sara. There is no way Bucky would have been able to afford this sort of place. It's not like they're staying here long anyway. Once he and Steve finish their super secret project that Sara knows absolutely everything about, they'd been found out when Bucky came home with paint in his hair. Not that he minds that they were caught. It helps with decorating. Sara is actually better at all that then he and Steve are. Though Steve has a knack for colors, there are way too many choices in paint and wallpaper for them both to come out of it sane. A brownstone in Brooklyn that needed renovating, meaning it was cheaper, something he could afford. But still...Tony helped again. Wanting to make sure his sister is happy, where ever that is, even with Bucky. They're not friends. Never will be. But Tony can admit that the man is good for her. Bucky looks to Sara as she shifts in their bed, her hand seeking him out, but she finds his space empty which wakes her fully.

"Where are you?" she grumbles softly, Bucky leans down and kisses her.

"Here" he answers warmly, she reaches up for his cheek, cleanly shaven, even his hair is shorter, not as short as it used to be but not Winter Soldier length either, something between, just long enough for Sara to run her fingers through. She kisses him back, humming softly. "I was about to have a shower" he warns as she pulls him back into bed with her.

"In a minute" she mumbles against his lips. "Just stay a little longer" he wraps her up in his arms and kisses her head, letting her snuggle against him.

................

Bucky sits across from Sam who is once again in his therapy throne, despite the fact that Bucky had tried to burn it, he hates it so much. Sam shifts in his seat and then taps his pan on his notepad.

"So it's been a year" Sam states, Bucky nods in agreement. "How are things?"

"We talk every day, Sam" Bucky points out. "You know how things are" Sam smirks.

"Indulge me" Sam counters, Bucky lets out a breath through his nose. "We haven't spoken like this in months, this is not us doing the friend talk this is me asking as your councilor" Bucky nods a little. "So last month we discussed you and Sara taking a big step in your relationship"

"Hmm" Bucky hums in agreement.

"What have you done to get there?" Sam asks leaning back, Bucky starts to smile and nods.

"I bought a ring" he admits, Sam smiles wider.

"Yeah?" he asks back, Bucky nods more excited now.

"Yeah....you wanna see it?" Bucky asks, Sam nods.

"Hell yeah I do" he leans forward as Bucky pulls out a small black box from his jacket pocket, he's terrified to put it down anywhere in case he loses it, or Sara finds it. He opens the top and shows the vintage princess cut ring, it's nothing special or Stark worthy, but he saved up for months because it had to be this one. A charming little ring, with a white, slightly blue stone, a silver band and it's engraved. Sam smiles and nods impressed and approving. There is a knocking on the door before it is being pushed open, Bucky fumbles to hide the ring, Steve pokes his head into the room and Bucky relaxes.

"Buck, debriefing" Steve tells them and then notes their looks. "What are you two being so shifty about?" Steve asks, Bucky and Sam share a look. Bucky holds up the ring box to Steve who smiles taking it from him. "Wow, you're really doing it" Bucky nods, Steve's eyes soften looking to him. "I'm really proud of you" Steve admits. "Seriously, I am" he looks down at the ring and the pulls it out to read the engraving. "We are asleep until we fall in Love?" he looks to Bucky.

"It's from Sara's favorite book" He explained. "War and Peace...." he shrugs. "Plus kind of how I felt, you know....it was just....meh till Sara"

"Meh" Sam teases, Bucky shoots him a look.

"I am not afraid to hit you" Bucky warns.

"What's taking you so long?" Sara asks as she walks into the room, her White Canary suit in place, she's been more of an active member since. Sam grabs at the ring in Steve's hand and then shove it in his mouth, smiling tightly.

"Nothing, we're on our way" Steve assures her, Sara raises an eyebrow. "We'll meet you at the hanger" Steve adds, she nods and then walks away.

"Oh no" Sam mumbles slightly, Bucky snaps his head to him.

"Please tell me you didn't" Bucky growls at Sam.

"I had to do something!" he snaps back. Bucky lets out a noise and lunges at Sam who squeals, like a little girl.

.............

Sara checks her watch as she and Wanda wait for Steve and Bucky, Sara sighs again and looks back towards Sam's office as a bang sounds.

"What are they doing?" Wanda asks her.

"I've no idea" Sara answers. "I'll go get them, again" she comments and walks away.

...............

Sara pauses a little as she reaches Sam's door, narrowing her eyes she focuses on listening in on them.

"Bucky! Get your dirty fingers out of my mouth!" Sam's voice scolds

"Not until you throw it back up!" Bucky yells back holding Sam's face down on the floor, Sara pushes open the door to give them all a look.

"I don't even want to know what is going on now" she comments. They all look to her. Bucky releasing Sam.

"We were just coming" he assures her. She narrows her eyes at them and then leaves again, Bucky turns to Sam. "This isn't over!" he hisses and follows his girlfriend.