Three

Laken P.O.V

A strong sense of fear filled me when I realized what exactly the two new students were, I would be avoiding them with a passion now. I wouldn't want to be in the same room with them let alone get to know them. I know that's kind of rude, and little biased considering the fact that I have occasionally proved the stories my mother told me wrong but these, the ones about dragons, had in a way scarred me with how badly they scared me. The tales of dragons hunting people down, grabbing them with their claws and sweeping them away, only to eat them in a cave, with said people never being heard of ever again. Those kinds of stories made me terrified of the idea of dragons. It made me wish I could have been a normal human and believe dragons only existed in the How To Train Your Dragon movies. I wish I had been one of those kids who thought dragons only existed in books and inside their own imagination and dreams. Unfortunately, my mother hadn't allowed me to be that oblivious about supernatural creatures and beings.

I didn't know that much about dragons, to be honest, only the stories my mother told me, which aren't facts, they could have just been stories my mother was told and she decided to pass them on. She could have made them up to attempt to keep me away from dragons all together. Or they could be real. I can't ask her because then she'll get suspicious, and I don't want to be homeschooled again, you'd get tired of looking at the same walls all the time too. I was too afraid to get to know them, so I was in a bit of a pickle.

Ever since I was little I have been a curious little thing that liked to know too much and used to go too far just to know things that I really had no business knowing. It came out of me at the worst times, like now. I wanted to know more about dragons, I really did, but I'm too scared to talk to them, and it isn't like I could ask them how dragons actually acted because that would reveal myself at the same time, something my mom had forbidden me from doing. Not only to protect me but to protect her as well. She was a mermaid out of water, something that rarely happened. Who knew what would happen if a dragon knew about my mom, or me.

The teacher stopped lecturing, looking at the vice-principal with raised eyebrows and confusion on his face. My Algebra II teacher looked a little confused to be seeing new students, so I doubt that he was given the notification from the office of new arrivals. This school wasn't always organized so it wouldn't surprise me if they had forgotten to notify him.

"Mr. Gramm," Mr. Gramm is my Algebra II teacher, " These are two of your new students," The vice principal says, ushering the two new students towards the unsuspecting Algebra teacher and towards the center of the classes front.

"The boy is Tristin Zavien, Junior, and the girl is Trina Zavien, Sophomore," The vice principal pauses for a second before continuing his sentence, looking lost in thought, "They will be in this class, during this period." The vice-principal finishes, tightening the tie around his neck, attempting to make himself look more professional. I don't like the vice-principal, he's human, but he has this feeling about him that I don't like, it makes me uncomfortable. I've never liked neither the vice-principal or the principal.

The boy looked like he didn't really want to be there and the girl looked so excited for the class, I could feel the excitement radiating off of her. Why would anybody be excited about a new school? Most people aren't excited they are scared and worried about the new school and fitting in. Why is this girl excited about being here?

She must be insane.

"Hi!" The girl, whose name is Trina, said startling the entire class. I looked at her with wide eyes, shocked by her outburst. Mr. Gramm and the vice-principal looked startled as well, they had been muttering to each other behind the two new students, they were now looking wide-eyed at the two new students. "I'm Trina, I like animals, cooking, and makeup!" Good lord, yeah, even if I didn't know that she was a dragon I doubt that we'd be able to be friends especially because of the makeup