Six

Laken P.O.V

Through my eyes, this class always appeared to move so slowly. The class was once the shortest in the entire school, aside from my free period, but now it seemed to drag on forever. I hated coming to class now. The class never seemed to end. Add the fact that I am scared to death of my partner my school life was going absolutely amazing. Please note the extreme amount of sarcasm that I am sending through my mind to you.

I don't think my seatmate noticed my existence though, and if he did, it was him seeing me as something little and insignificant. I was thankful for that though. I didn't need his attention so it was good that I was something unimportant to him. I was a little scared that his sister was going to talk to him about me and then I'd become their target which isn't something that I need in my life. I would be fine if I never had to deal with the two dragon shifters that moved into town. I was kind of worried for the near future. It was unlikely that two dragons, especially younger ones, considering their aging was different from humans and other supernatural creatures that roamed the earth. Aging was a weird thing in general and it was difficult for me to understand human aging sometimes considering the fact that I am fifteen, but in mermaid aging terms, I was in a way, still a child. I wouldn't understand the mental idea of living to be only around seventy and then die. To me, that seemed like a rather meaningless life. I know I should, if nothing prohibits it, live over one-hundred, if not longer. It was weird for me to think about the people in my class not living half as long as me.

I don't about it that often though. Most likely, after high school, I won't even interact with these people ever again. Who knows maybe mom will lock me inside the apartment for the rest of my life. My mother no doubt would do that if she thought that was a real possibility. I don't think I will comment on that possibility any time soon in order to avoid that outcome. I don't want to be trapped in that apartment my entire life. My mother would do that, and it is like a nightmare weighing over my shoulders. Actual fear of mine was that situation coming true. I don't need that nor want it in my life.

I wish the teacher would look away from the board where he was writing things that I should be taking notes on but am not, and notice my panic. The moment the class started the female dragon began to glare her heart out in my direction. I seriously think she is taking her grudge a little bit far if I do say so myself. I don't think she even knows what she should be mad at me about anymore. At this point, it appears like she's hating me to simply hate me. I have a bad feeling if this continues the male dragon is going to notice her anger and he may potentially follow suit. I am legit terrified of them alone, I don't need both of them seeing me their glares. I know how this stuff starts. First glares, then shoving, then actual punches. I don't want to be the sad bullied boy who is bullied by dragons.

I refuse to be that guy. I don't want to end up like the stories that my mother used to tell me. I tense up in my seat and just lay my head on my desk. I don't care about that girl right now. I couldn't make myself care. I just want to go home, as much as I hate going home. It made me feel trapped but I'd rather be there than here right now. I wonder if I asked my mother if she'd allow me to go back to Geometry or to get switched to another Algebra II class. Probably not.

My mother would be suspicious about why I'd even consider leaving Algebra II, especially after I had begged my mother to allow me to skip Geometry like my counselor had said I could. My mother took almost two months to convince and at that point, I had almost given up hope on the possibility then my mother caved in. It had taken me crying on the hallway floor for my mother to allow me to skip Geometry and continue on to Algebra II.

I heard shuffling next to me and it occurred to me that the male dragon may find me laying on the table to be awkward and uncomfortable to himself. I don't know why he'd care but it doesn't matter. I'm not going to sit back up. I'm going to rest my head on this table. The entire time that my head is against this desk I can pretend that none of this is going on. I can pretend that I don't come to school and instantly begin to avoid the two dragon shifters who just recently began to attend my school.