Sixteen

Laken P.O.V

I had expected to wake up shivering, as that was how I remembered falling asleep, shivering as the wind picked up and the rain only seemed to increase the longer I hid inside of the empty school playground. I expected to be sitting in a puddle of water, as old playground equipment always seemed to be filled with puddles after a rainstorm. I expected to wake up only to find it was still raining. I expected all of this, but that wasn't how it went down.

When I woke up I was cold, I was warm. I wasn't in a puddle, nor could I hear the rain. It was peaceful. I was tempted to fall back asleep, slightly thinking about how the peacefulness and warmth had to be my imagination and that I was finally losing it from the strain of the day before. When I actually moved and felt a blanket on top of me move as well, my eyes snapped open. Instead of seeing the top of a slide, I saw what appeared to be the top of a canopy bed. My head tilted slightly as confusion filled me as well as panic.

Where even was I? Did those guys find me? No, I highly doubt that they'd take me to what looks like a fancy palace. I was just exaggerating, but wherever I was, I wouldn't be able to afford the lightbulbs. For a moment I just laid there in a star-fish like position, pondering what to do. I should logically figure out where I am, but the other more unlogical side of me is really comfortable underneath the sheets and covers, tempted to sleep a few more minutes, thinking that someone might come in a give away where I was and how I got here.

Eventually, the more logical side of me kicked in when the thoughts of being kidnapped started rolling in. Even though I highly doubt that it was the men who had taken me, you could never be for sure.

I sat up carefully, attempting to make as little noise as possible. The room was rather empty, but the things that were in the room looked expensive. The room looked to be designed towards a teenage male, the entire room going with a black, grey, blue, and green theme. It all tied together nicely. The room was huge compared to mine, which wasn't much of a comparison. I quite liked the style of the room. On one of the walls, there was a flat-screen television, and in front of that, a long sleek grey couch with a glass coffee table peaking from in front. A nicely sized desk with a double monitor pc system was set-up on top only added to the belief that a rich person lived here.

I was still looking around the room when the door opens and someone I recognize enters. I couldn't say I was excited about the entry. Trina, the female dragon walked in, wearing a much more formal outfit than I've ever seen her wear. She wasn't smiling that fake smile like she usually does at school. I guess I wasn't worth the fake smile.

"So he did actually bring you here," Trina said, sounding ticked off.

I just gave her a lost look. Was it Tristin that brought me here? If so, why? He doesn't seem like the type of person who would bring another person home from the school playground. How would he have even known I was in there?

Trina just rolled her eyes at me, obviously not wanting to deal with me.

"Stupid siren," She muttered underneath her breath.

My eyes widened as I shrunk back slightly. Did Tristin tell her that? I didn't want anybody knowing.

"H-how do you know about that?" I asked, already knowing the answer but wanted to confirm.

She gave me another look before rolling her eyes. "I obviously heard my wall whisper to me all your secrets," I give her a look. She wasn't being serious was she? I don't know if there is an actual way for walls to whisper to someone, but what would I know?

She looked at me for a couple of seconds, watching as fear slowly took over my face before she bent over and let out a snort of laughter. I just looked at her startled before realizing she was joking and relaxed slightly.