Twelve

Laken P.O.V

If you had told me that I would end up riding a dragon after school, I would have laughed at you then run away in fear. I was shocked when Tristin slowly transformed into a very large dragon. His skin slowly began to morph as his human features gradually disappeared and in the place of Tristin, a dragon appeared.

The dragon wasn't anything I had imagined nor what my mother had described. She had described a large black creature with scales. A lizard-like creature with wings and blood covered teeth. The imagine my mother had beat into me wasn't what I was seeing in front of me now.

The dragon that Tristin turned into was nothing short of beautiful. Instead of the black dark scales, all I could see was the most beautiful blue. It reminded me of the sky in some places and the ocean at others. The eyes though, those were a stunning orchid. The eyes were locked on me, calculating every movement. It was the eyes of a beast that could hunt, gazing at me like I was prey and him a predator.

For a single moment, I felt fear. I was temporarily afraid that the dragon that I knew deep down was Tristin, was plotting my death. I almost took a hesitant step back but I froze.

Tristin suddenly moved forward slowly, taking a couple of steps forward. Those steps were all the distance between us and suddenly, I had a dragons face in mine. I had my eyes locked on his. I couldn't look away. There was a magic lock between our gazes. His eyes glanced between mine and hardened for a moment before the hardened glare disappeared. A softness entered the dragon's eyes.

The dragons head nudged mine, and I reached my shaky hands up to cup the dragons face. My hand touched the scales that I had assumed would be a rough feeling. The scales felt silky to the touch. The scales were connected beautifully without flaws.

I could feel the dragon slowly sniffing my hair. It was kind of weird, not going to lie but I was in no way going to push the dragon away.

Even though I know a majority of what my mother had taught me was a lie, I had a deep internal feeling that the rumor of a dragons temper wasn't a tall-tale my mother had told me. It was probably nothing short of the truth.

Very shortly, almost too shortly, the dragon pulled his head away from my face and lowered it to the ground. I was very confused for a couple of seconds before I realized he wanted me to get on his back by the way his entire body seemed to get smaller as his limbs pulled in and lowered completely to the ground.

I walk around the side of the blue dragon before stopping right where I assumed he'd be most comfortable with me sitting on him. I carefully and gently swing my legs over his back and mount him like a rider would a horse.

The moment I was completely on Tristin, his back tensed and his wings shot out before in an instant, the dragon was no longer on the ground.

My eyes shot shut as I tightly wrapped my arms around Tristin's long dragon form's neck. I was scared for a couple of seconds before I calmed myself enough to peak and side glance the world and where we were made my eyes open.

It had been more then a couple of seconds, it had been a few minutes and we were currently floating above the lowest clouds, drifting with the wind. Tristin's wings were extended wide, the thin wings looked majestic with the colorization against the clouds and sea.

The sea was beautiful from here. You could see to the horizon and I wish I could see further. The view was splendid. It made me wish I could stay in the sky forever but I then remembered why I got on the dragon at all and Tristin seemed to remember as well.

Tristin very quickly started towards the library and the peaceful moment was ruined as we quickly dived towards the opposite side of town were the library and an assortment of other buildings that I wasn't able to visit very often due to the distance between these places and home. Mom disliked taking me to this side of town due to the supernaturals that resided there.