Chapter One

The Doctor carefully watches a video of Captain America play out on the tablet in front of her

      The Doctor carefully watches a video of Captain America play out on the tablet in front of her. She can feel Coulson watching her intently, both of them sitting on a Quinnjet that is heading straight towards the helicarrier. Agent Coulson is waiting for something to freak her out. Everyone knows about Iron Man; that's nothing surprising. But, the blonde super soldier might just do it. She glances towards him, and then smirks sensing his confusion.

   " I'm over billions of years old, probably older then that." she starts in a rather obvious tone. "Did you really think I'd freak out over a 100 year old? Plus, I was there when the doctors made him." she asks with her eyebrow raised at the agent. Coulson shrugs a little bit. She can tell he's an Captain America.

   " He is a fine example of humanity" Coulson offers.

    "You have a little man-crush there, Phil?" The Doctor teases him a little bit with a smirk, Coulson looks to her and snorts shaking his head. " Everyone gets them..." she assures him quickly. "I'm pretty sure my good friend, Jack had a man-crush on Ten for a while." she offers him causally, and looks back to the tablet in her hands. "So, this is all of the one you guys choose? Just one....one super soldier, one billionaire genius, and me....that's it?" she asks ridiculously as she looks to him in surprise. "I mean....it's not a lot, and to be honest....I'm no super solder, and I am really not that much of a genius" The Doctor admits. Coulson pulls up a file on his tablet.

    "Not a genius" he repeats her words while reading the file, and then looking back to her. "Your IQ was tested to be at 218" he states. "That is actually 7 points higher then both Tony Stark, and Bruce Banner. Plus, we both know it's much lot higher level than that."

  " I'm pretty sure intelligence is no longer acknowledged in IQ any more" she retorts defensively. "It's all about how many doctorates someone has...I didn't even graduate your human high school. Hell, I didn't even go to that schools on my home plant."

   " But, you lived in every moment of the past, and the future. And survived. I think that proves some sort of complex intelligence." Coulson retorts.

    " That's more of beginning a natural survivalist then intelligence."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Agent Coulson walks with The Doctor through the helicarrier towards the bridge. He may have left out that the famous Dr. Banner was on her list. Knowing that the human doctor is also involved may change the female Timelord mind. And two genius minds working on finding the tesseract is far better then just one. So, Coulson is well aware that she's about to either freak out, or explode, or possibly both simultaneously as he sees Doctor Banner ahead of them. The Doctor's eyes are on her tablet screen as she reads more on Tony Stark, and why he's such big deal. She slides her tablet away into her side bag, and sighs. She slowly looks up. The Doctor's eyes then suddenly latching onto 'his' figure. Someone she never thought she'd see again. She stops in her step, Coulson walking right past her, only turning back when he realises he's alone. She swallows thickly all other noise disappearing as her two heartbeats become increasingly louder in her ears. This can't be happening to her.

       She's not ready to see him again. She never though she would, she really never thought this day would come. Bruce turns, and seems equally surprised by her appearance. He's older, obviously, but it looks rather good on him. Bruce hair is curly, and just a bit more grey then the last time they had saw one another. He's more withdrawn too, locked in an outer shell of what appears to be uncertainty and fright. And, she can feel it rolling off him in waves. A cacophony of self-pity, longing, regret, love, admiration, and pain. She wants to cry, and run away, and yell all at the same time.

   " Dr. Banner" she greets, she cringes. It's awkward. Oh, it's so awkward for her. She wished he felt same. But, she knew he didn't. She just looked like another plain blonde girl to him. Which hurt far then it should have. It was like a knife cutting further into a open wound. " I'm the Doctor, it's real pleasure to meet the other scientists on this project." She introduced as warm, and politely as she cast master up.  She utterly hated this. The Doctor hates lying, but, she couldn't go through the pain all over again.

   " Doctor," Coulson states, and she looks to him.  A small hidden glare in her vibrant blue eyes. Coulson seems to get her clear angered message. "I have to leave. Director Fury will want to talk to you"

    "Wait, why would your director want to talk to me?" she asks. "I'm nobody special"

   "We both know that is a lie" Coulson counters with an all too knowing look.  "He just wants to ask some questions about your.....ship" he offers, she grins at that.

   "Ahh. Brilliant." She agreed. Coulson nods, and walks away.  The Doctor, and Bruce kind of just linger around one another. Both unsure of what they are supposed to doing, or even saying. He doesn't know her as well, herself. As the Doctor. He just knew her as John Smith.

   " Doctor " she looks to the young agent approaching her. "Director Fury asked me to show you to your room" she adjusts her side bag that rested on her shoulder, and nods understandingly.

    "Yeah" she whispers and glances to Bruce before walking away, " Okay,"