Chapter Two

The Doctor easily finds her way to the lab after changing, which she should have done before leaving to the carrier, but she didn't, which makes her feel kinda weird, gross and sweaty and that's probably not the ideal way to see an ex again

The Doctor easily finds her way to the lab after changing, which she should have done before leaving to the carrier, but she didn't, which makes her feel kinda weird, gross and sweaty and that's probably not the ideal way to see an ex again. No, she should have looked smoking hot in her new regenerated body; instead she looked like awkward and weird and feels like crap, while Bruce actually looked.....better. Which she absolutely seethed. How dare he hav stupidly soft, curly locks and his big, puppy eyes. It was treason of the highest account.

She's not even paying attention, not really, when she enters the lab, but her eyes take in the state of the art equipment and she sighs a little. It reminds her of home.

"Hey" she jumps and turns finding Bruce already in the lab, of course he would be, it's like his natural habitat.

"Hey" she offers back crossing her arms over her chest to stop her fidgeting. It also bunches up her shirt a little revealing the necklace hanging against her chest. It's a blue pendant that her ex wife, Riversong, gave to her shortly before her untimely death. The pendant is now a faded light blue with a white raven on it. The pendant stands as reminder as to why she can't get romantically involved with any sort of begging. She turned away from Bruce and looks off to the counter that where behind her. "It's been a long, long, long time since I was in a lab like this" she admits as her fingers skim over the surface of the shiny sliver microscope that was desk next to a row of empty vials. Bruce watched her, noting the longing and sadness in her voice. She drops her hand and shakes her head. He decides to change the topic for her sake.

" So are you a doctor of medicine or science?" He questioned her with friendly smile that just completely kills her.

" Well, medicine, science, engineering, candy floss, lego, philosophy, music, problems, people, hope. Mostly hope." She states proudly with weak smile and her adorkable head tilts.

"I see you two have.....reintroduced yourselves" Fury states from the doorway, The Doctor and Bruce look to him. Their previous conversation dying of their lips and  fading away. "Hopefully this means you are willing to work together to help find the Tesseract"

"Tesseract?" Bruce questioned.

"The cube" Fury explains, he nods a little now knowing what he referring to.

"Where are you with that?" The Doctor asked as she carefully studied Furry. He was tensed, mysterious and gave off this odd aurora to The Doctor. She doesn't really know if she can trust him. But, she knows it either him or Loki. Which makes him seem like the better candidate.

  "We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us" Fury explains.

  "You have to narrow the field" Bruce argues, The Doctor taps her fingers on her arm and hums in agreement.

  "Spectrometers" she offers looking to him, he smiles a little and nods in agreement.

"Yes. Spectrometers will work" he agrees and looks to Fury. "How many do you have access to?"

"How many are there?" Fury counter asks.

"Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays" Bruce answers and looks to The Doctor. "We can rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition" Fury nods and then leaves, Bruce watches as The Doctor quickly moves to a computer and starts furiously typing away.