Chapter Eight

Everything was going to shit, especially their so called plan

        Everything was going to shit, especially their so called plan. Loki was by far beating the team of supposed heroes. It was ugly and sad to see play out before the eyes of many strangers. It was especially hard on someone who was like the Doctor. She had zero clue as to where anyone else was; the comm link that she was given had managed to fall out when she took a particularly bad blow from one of the more grotesque and murderous aliens. The Doctor wouldn't ever call herself the violent type, but she was more then willing to make that exception for Loki or any of his idiotic minions; she considered that a good punch to Loki's face might finally give him some common sense.

    There was sudden loud screams and explosions that she could hear erupt far in the distances, and then she could just make out the noise of loud gunfire and policemen shouting a slew of different commands. The Doctor decided it was probably best for her to follow the sound of voices. She wanted to help them if she could. That's when The Doctor now found herself facing directly towards a grotesque grey alien. The ratcheted beast was hissing down at familiar looking mortal man as he fought him off with a American flag designed shield. The Doctor quickly recognized the design as Captain America, or as she know him as, Steve Rogers. The man was repeatedly hitting the beast with his shield till it eventually died and rolled off his body.

       The Doctor hesitantly steps over the alien's dead corpus. The Doctor wished that these dreadful creatures won't working with Loki or trying to takeover and destroy this planet. She hates killing. Especially when it comes to her fellow aliens. The Doctor then nods her head at Steve. " Captain "

     " Your alright? We been trying to get hold of you through the comm links and you haven't responded.." He states in confusion.

" Lost my comm link." She explains lamely with simple shrug of her shoulders. She then looks at him more seriously.  " We should really should start moving. I think I heard some people about four ish streets over." The Doctor notes. Steve nod in a silent agreement. They both take off in sprint again, this time with Steve Rogers leading her way and knocking aliens out of the way as they go. The Doctor feels like her legs might just fall off with how bad their burning up; she not quite use to putting this much strain on her new form. She didn't understand why things hurt way more with her female form then her past male forms.

    The street is utterly destroyed; which is putting it lightly. The pavement is torn apart and cracked. Cars are flipped over, bent, scratched, broken, torn apart and just purely wrecked in all senses. Windows of near by shops and buildings are shattered to billions of little pieces. Structures are either barley standing or reduced to huge piles of rubble. It's a real sad sight for The Doctor to see. It's sad to see the city that usually full of life and noise broken down to nothing more than a war zone, destruction, and carnage.

     The Doctor finally spot the hoard of cops, their continuously fire all they got at the flying chariots. It's pretty damn pointless effort. The Doctor watch as a young cop runs over to his police sergeant.

    " We need to get out! They gotta bring the National Guard!"

"National Guard? Does the army know what's happening here?"

    "Do we?"  The young cop retorts in genuine surprise and confusion.

      "I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Cap ordered. Which the cops didn't take too. Especially, the police sergeant.

    " Why the hell should I take orders from you?"  The police sergeant stated, but before Steve could answer a explosion comes up from behind the two heroes. He quickly grabbed the Doctor and holds up his shield. The energy blast is blocked by Steve's shield. That's when The Doctor notices the two Chitauri soldiers coming towards them.

    " Captain, watch out." She warns her new partner. Steve attacks both of the Chitauri soldiers. The cops watch in shock as both The Doctor and Captain America fight them off with this sort of swift ease and don't even seem to break a sweat. Which is all it takes for the Sergeant to then turn to his officers and starts barking out the same commanded Steve had said. Hope then turned to Steve. The Doctor looks to sky to see more aliens coming. It remind of that day with Rose Tyler.... it reminded her of a lot unpleasant past memories. Memories that she wasn't going to repeat again.