Chapter Three

In the briefing room, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, Thor Odinson, Natasha Romanoff, Maria Hill and The Doctor watch on the monitor Loki Laufeyson getting interrogated

In the briefing room, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, Thor Odinson, Natasha Romanoff, Maria Hill and The Doctor watch on the monitor Loki Laufeyson getting interrogated. Bruce looks at the monitor, intently. The Doctor appears bored. Steve then watches until the monitor faded to a slow empty black. Thor, who didn't even look, just listened, stands there, torn apart. They all just stand and sit there in a stunned silence by what Loki had said to Director Furry. Finally, it's Bruce that breaks the silence.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asks.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks looking to the long, blonde haired God of Thunder.

"He has an army called the Chitauri" Thor answers. "They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract"

"An army? From outer space?" Steve asks.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for" Bruce offers.

"Selvig?" Thor asks.

"He's an astrophysicist" Bruce explains for him.

"He's a friend" Thor corrects.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours" Natasha informs them.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him" Steve offers. "He's not leading an army from here"

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him" Bruce offers.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother" Thor scolds.

"He killed eighty people in two days" Natasha tells him.

"He's adopted"  Thor quickly retorted making The Doctor grin amusement as she tried to suppress a laugh.

"Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?"  The Doctor suddenly questioned as the detail dawned on her.

"It's a stabilizing agent" Tony Stark offers as he walks in with Coulson, he turns to Coulson. "I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive. Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD" Tony makes his way to Thor and pats his arm. "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing" Tony turns back to the room. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants" he turns around again and looks around. "Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did" Tony covers his eye, looks around. "How does Fury do this?"

"He turns" Maria Hill answers dryly. Tony looks around at the medium sized monitors and places a button size hacking implant under Fury's desk, without anyone noticing.

"Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube" Tony explains.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill questioned.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asks.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asks.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier" Bruce complains.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling effect"  The Doctor counters, Bruce looks to her with a little look of surprise.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet" he agrees slightly.

"Finally" Tony states. "People who speak English"

"Is that what just happened?" Steve asks. Tony and Bruce shake hands.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster" Bruce looks down, embarrassed.

"Thanks" he mumbles, Tony turns to The Doctor and is about to open his mouth when Fury walks back in.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him and The Doctor " Fury motions to The Doctor and she weaves friendly at him.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon" Steve offers.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube" Fury corrects. "And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys"

"Monkeys? I do not understand" Thor tells them with a huge frown.

"I do! I understood that reference" Steve tells them proud of himself, Tony rolls his eyes, while Steve looks very proud of himself. Tony turns to The Doctor who leaning back in her seat with dull yet worried look on her face.

"Okay, Blondie, you I don't know" Tony states curiously as he turned towards The Doctor.

"And you're not gonna" she argues teasingly with huge grin. She does this without even not looking to him. She knows it's going to drive the billionaire insane not knowing, which was half fun of doing it.  "Like....ever...ever"

  "So, kid what exactly is it you do exactly?" Tony asks The Doctor, who finally glances up at him. "Why are you sitting at the grown ups table?"  The Doctor shifts in her seat slightly to sit up properly.

  "Firstly" she starts. "I'm in this body alone like 28 -30 ish, but overall with all my regenerations and my timelord genetics, I'm quite frankly over a billion years old. I'm very much not a kid...." she then leans forward a little. "Secondly, call me a kid again, and I'll punch you in the balls so hard you choke on them" she threatens sweetly. Tony pulls back to stare at her. 

  "I'm equally aroused and terrified. But mostly aroused." he admits. Fury sighs and shares a look with The Doctor who just rolls her eyes.

"She is here because The Doctor has been saving lives before any of us has been born. And if things should go terribly wrong she is the back up plane" Fury explains.

"I am?" The Doctor asks frowning at him. He nods. " But I couldn't do what your suggesting. If we fail, it would become a fixed point in time! There's certain are Laws of Time. And fixed times are one of them!" She argues to Furry. He just glared down at her with his good eye.

" Fixed point in time?" Steve questions confused.

" I'm a Timelord. It's what my people of Gallifrey call time travelers. You see, fixed point in time are big time changing events such as an important figure dying or something like a war. If you would change it then you cause serious harm to the future timeline." She explained.

A/N; Sorry, if this isn't the best. I really tried to follow the movie ( I even had to look at other fics to see how other people wrote it out to get a better idea of it) . As let me know if there's anything you really want to see.