Chapter Seven

"Agent Coulson is down" Fury announces loudly throughout The Doctor's ear piece as she gets up from off the ground

"Agent Coulson is down" Fury announces loudly throughout The Doctor's ear piece as she gets up from off the ground. Her body hurts and she hadn't felt this level of pain since at least the 60's, give or take a few years. The Doctor flicks a strain of bloodied blonde hair out of her face as she takes in a deep breath. He's gone. Phillip J. Coulson is dead. Gone. A changing of events she could never stop noir change. An event that would send them on the course of victory. It made her feel slightly sick. Sick to know that all alone she knew the out comes; outcomes she could never talk about. Sure, she didn't know her own future, but she knows other people's futures. Future in which Phillip J. Coulson will be revived, and saved, only to die a few years later in order to save the life of beloved best friend who he would also come to think of as an adoptive daughter of his.

" I'm heading your way, but first I gotta make a call "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fury has gathered The Doctor, Yasmin, Alex, Tony and Steve back into the briefing room. Everyone there has a look as if in a daze. A look of numb shock is shown on their devastated faces. The Doctor fidgets uncomfortably in her seat as she stares at the people around her. Yasmin reached forward and put a reassuring hand on the Doctor's shoulder. The blonde looked at her with smile thankful smile and Yasmin returned the look. Yasmin squeezed her shoulder softly before letting go of the Doctor and turning her attention to the Shield Director.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them" Fury throws Coulson's Captain America trading cards on the table towards Steve. Steve picks them up, stained with blood. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming" Fury takes a breath. "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called The Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes" Tony gets up and walks off, not wanting to hear it any more. "Well, it's an old fashioned notion" Fury adds turning away. " What are future look like Doctor,"

" Like all futures." Stated The Doctor seriously as she stood up from her seat at the table. " Worth fighting for."

" Not let's go and save day like always." Stated Alex as she stood up and pulled out her pistols. " Not like isn't are first alien invasion that we stopped. Right, Doc?"

" Yeah." She agreed grimly as she recalled the rough memory. She then noticed Director Fury and Steve's curios and confused looks. " Oh, yeah, long story."