Big Brother

ONE WEEK LATER

It had been quite a few days since I felt the pull of a vision. So I continued on my normal schedule all week.

"We figured out what Raina's power is," Lincoln told me while I tried to get a tan in the hot summer sun.

"Besides being a porcupine?" I replied and propped myself up on the plastic lounge chair. I had a perfect view of the mountain range that surrounded us from my spot. Everyone comes here for peace and quiet, the unspoken rule is if someone is here first, you leave or be silent.

"That was rude. Anyways, she dreams the future, similar to what you do." Lincoln always calls me out on stuff. He's like the older brother I never had.

I sat up completely. "Sorry, she's-she's just been snapping at me a lot lately. Yesterday she yelled at me for taking too long to rearrange her spines!"

"She's just frustrated, you were the same way when you transitioned... except you were twenty shades of messed up at thirteen." Lincoln patted my knee. He had hair was dirty blonde, which stuck up no matter how much he combed it and clear blue eyes were constantly filled with sympathy.

"What did you say Raina's powers were again?" I had a habit of this lately, only picking up pieces of what people say.

"She dreams the future, she predicted the dinner with Skye and her parents, down to specific details, that can't be a coincidence... Jiaying wants you to guide her, since you're the only one who can see her visions."

"Great. So I go from getting snapped at by her, now I have to connect with her! Ugghh," I complained. Lincoln pleaded me with his eyes to do it. "Fine. But only because I'll have Jiaying on my butt if I don't," I stuck my finger in his face accusingly.

"Nice! She's ready now, you'd want to get the connection done as soon as possible." I sighed, irritated that I'd have to give up my tan for a while. I got up and went to Raina's room without saying another word.