Paralyzed

I awoke in a hospital bed, my side throbbed and my throat ached. I was covered in wires and an IV was taped in my arm. Nat sat in the corner and jumped up when she saw I was awake.

"She's awake!" She shouts to the team who were clearly arguing outside the glass. They stop yelling at each other and carefully walk in, as if I could break at any moment. Tony is missing from the group. Dr. Helen comes in behind them and begins checking the monitor beside me and begins checking my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" They all ask at once.

"Everything hurts," I complain. My voice is hoarse, probably from screaming so much.

"That is normal, you were just shot in the gut," Helen assured me.

She began checking the stitches and then had me squeeze her fingers. She told me to wiggle my toes, but they sat still at the end of the bed. That's when I realized my legs weren't sore like the rest of my body. I reached over and set my hand in my thigh, as if mourning the lost of my legs. My mouth hung open, I didn't know what to say.

"You said the surgery was successful," Natasha snapped.

"It should've been, the scans were normal in the OR." She took a needle and began poking my legs. I didn't feel any of it. "Tell me when you feel something," Hellen told me as she pricked lightly at my bare skin, she went all the way up my leg; nothing. It wasn't until halfway up my hip, right below the stitches, that I felt it.

"I'm paralyzed..." A tear went down my cheek involuntarily.

"I'm afraid yes, we're going to do a few tests to see if it is reversible, but for now you need to rest." Nat went to comfort me by placing her hand on my leg, but pulled away when she realized. They all stood up and left me there to mourn alone.

~
Well I had been going back and forth for a while on whether I should go down this storyline that has become almost cliché in stories but ultimately I decided to 😊

I'm literally so sore from basketball tryouts it's not even funny anymore 😭😫 they keep extending the amount of days, we've gone from 3 days to now 6 days straight of tryouts.
~