Severed Ties

"Jemma, do we have confirmation on who actually fired that missile?"

"No sir, we're still sorting out what happened with the Quinjet," the British woman responded. "Our priority was to get all SHIELD personnel out safely."

"Was there any resistance from the locals?" The man in the video chat asked.

"No, they were just as keen on leaving as we were, perhaps retreating to shelters and bunkers," a black British lady responded in the screen.

"Or they were evacuated, we know they have a powered way out," he suggested. The woman I helped made her way to the video screen. She had a busted lip and bruises on her face. "May?" He asked, concerned for the asian woman. Jemma quickly moved to the side and May stepped forward.

"Where's Skye?" She asked angrily.

"How are you feeling?" Jemma asked gently, as if afraid to upset May.

"I have a headache and I asked a question." I wouldn't want to get in the crosshairs of her when she's angry.

"None of this would of happened if Gonzales hadn't attacked," Jemma said angrily.

"You can't actually believe he would do something like this," the woman said.

"Oh no Gonzales would never attack a base unprovoked," Jemma sassily commented. Wonder what the beef between them was.

"Robert would not do this!"

"How can you be so sure?" May cut in.

"Because he went to great lengths for me to get a gift for Jaiying, a peace offering."

"And he gave it to her..." I said quietly, trying not to interrupt their quarrel. May turned around.

"What?"

"I saw your agent's body, it was turned to stone, his hand was in fragments on the ground," I reported.

"But how do you know that wasn't self defense?"
Jemma asked curiously.

"The only blood I found was behind him, and he was facing forward, if he had shot her their would be blood behind Jaiying's chair," I said.

"Coulson, I recommend we retaliate with a strong show of force," the woman in the video said.

"I have no intention of starting a war before I understand the situation."
"Who are you?" The man named Coulson asked me.

"Talia."

"Agent Weaver? You are now the highest ranking officer on the carrier, I want you to head back there and await further instructions."

"Yes sir," Weaver said reluctantly. She left the video chat and it was just us and Coulson.

"I don't believe Skye would turn against us," he said.

"You didn't see her fight me," May said.

"Her mother had just been shot, I can believe she's confused."

"No more than the rest of us, why invite SHIELD only to attack?"

"I don't know, but maybe Taila and their peace offering over there does."

Skye's father, Cal sung a tune that I don't recognize, "but you'll look sweet, upon the seat, of a bicycle built, for two."

Just as soon as the video chat ended, I felt the pull of a vision bringing me to the ground, not now. The plane span around me and May caught me before I hit the ground, Jemma calling my name.

I awoke in the woods, darkness surrounded me. Jaiying and Raina stood on the old bridge. They spoke for a bit of time. Jaiying pulled out a blade a thrusted it into the side of Raina's neck. I wanted to run to her, to stop Jaiying, how could she kill someone she vowed to protect. However, this was Raina's dream, not mine, and I could not move. Just before she fell to the ground, Skye came out of the woods, shocked at what her mother had done.

I jumped awake, screaming. Jemma was crouched nearby.

"Talia?" It took a moment for my breathing to slow back to normal.

"I'm good," I told her, sitting upright. "Just a vision," I explained.

"A vision? So you're-"

"Inhuman, yep." I wiped the tears out of my eyes, "we have to go back."

"I apologize but we can't go back, it's too risky."

Crap, I remembered that Raina's visions happen no matter what, it would be pointless to try. I tucked my brown hair behind my ears and stood up. It's going to be a long wait before Raina dies.

-
Sorry this chapter took so long to make, I've legit had 0 ideas until today
:Madelyn
-