Joining the Avengers

I arrived at the Avenger's tower once again the next morning. This time everyone knew my face and I was instantly put in handcuffs. I knew this would be the only way I'd talk peacefully with the Avengers so I didn't fight the guards.

They brought me up the elevator and to a sort of conference room. Captain Rogers and Ms. Romanoff were the only ones there. He stood at attention while Ms. Romanoff laid back in a large chair.

"Have a seat miss." The guards left the room and shut the door behind them.

"I'm Talia and I'd like to join you," I blurted before I got too nervous.

"Join us? You look 15," Romanoff joked.

"I'll be 17 in a few months, and why does age matter?"

"You have anything to offer?" Asked Captain Rogers. I smirked, stepping forward and snatching an iron man pencil off of the table. To their amazement, I revealed a second, exact copy of it. "How?" He asked, turning the pencil over in his fingers.

"Not sure," I lied smoothly, there was no way I could tell them without creating a new time pathway. "Woke up one day and found I could do this, along with many other things."

"We'll need to discuss this with the rest of the team and we'll need a full analysis of your powers." They stood up and the guards walked in.

"So why do I still have these on?" I asked, lifting my handcuffed wrists.

"A precaution. If everything checks out, you won't have to be escorted everywhere." That worried me, it's not that I have something to hide, I just have been off the grid for nearly four years. I probably should've checked my record before I did this.

The guards escorted me to a small white room. It was empty except a twin bed that sat in the corner.

"What if I have to pee?" I asked.

"We'll take you to the bathroom." And then the handcuffs were removed and the door closed.

I laid in the bed, staring at the ceiling. I didn't know how long I was in there, but eventually I fell asleep. When I woke up there was a tray of food on the side of the sink.

I ate the food and proceeded to lay in bed, staring at the ceiling again. After a long while the door opened and the guards handcuffed me again before taking me upstairs.

All six Avengers sat around the conference table this time. Thor spun his pencil in the back and Captain Rogers sat at attention in the front, next to Ms. Romanoff. Some nerdy guy in glasses sat across from Ms. Romanoff and Tony Stark sat laid back in his chair, sunglasses on despite being inside.

"How are you today Miss Talia?" Stark talked in quick, staccato sentences.

"I'm fine, do I make the cut or not?"

"You are 17, I'm not putting a kid out to fight."

"I'm not a kid, and I want to fight," I argued.

"You know how many requests like that we get a day? Too many, you guys are just kids who want a chance to meet their favorite superheros," Captain Rogers responded.

"Nah, that's not the reason. And for the record, my favorite hero is Wanda," I said, knowing they wouldn't know who she was until next month.

"Who?" There confusion amused me.

"You'll meet her in about a month, she's pretty cool but you aren't gonna like her at first." They only got more confused. "Do a power analysis and you'll understand." I lift my cuffed hands to coerce them to take the cuffs off.

"We are turning you over to your grandmother tonight, she'll be ecstatic to know someone survived a New York," Ms. Romanoff stated, standing up.

"What? No, they all think I'm dead! How am I supposed to explain where I was and how am I going to hide my powers?" The pull of a vision arrived, my head began to hurt as I wavered it away. "Excuse me," I said a quietly, sitting on the ground just as I disconnected from the world.

"Talia?" Ms. Romanoff said quietly, careful not to wake me too suddenly. I recovered quickly from the terrible vision, having had plenty of those the past four years. This one had been different, I saw three different ways it could end, instead of one. Each one nearly equally as terrible.

"I'm alright," I spoke weakly. "Happens all the time." I sit up in the white bed. I was in a lab now, wires were stuck to my head and chest.

"You pass out for a day all the time?" She asked, signaling the guys to come in the room.

"They're visions, and I've been out for 24 hours?" I ask, no wonder I'm so weak this time. "They are usually only a few minutes, 15 at most."

"What do you see?" Tony Stark asked, curious rather than confused.

"The future, that's how I know Wanda before you." And so I told them my powers and why I wasn't found in New York. And where I've been for the past four years along with why I'm not there anymore. This went on for hours as I told them my life story, leaving out how I got my powers, because their future selves are how. They didn't ask because I said I'd woken up like this with no idea about how.

"We're going to do the power analysis but you won't be doing field work until you're 21," Said Captain Rogers. "Until then, you'll train and help in the infirmary."

"Thank so much!" I squealed with joy, causing Tony Stark to roll his eyes.

~
This one's kind of long but I haven't updated in a minute I thought I owed y'all.

FYI: This story isn't going to be much longer 😢  but I will be making another Avengers FanFic soon after it. 😊