𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

"And t-this... doesn't have a cure?" Jimin queried, a dim expression pulling his face into a foreign face as he watched her nod in reply.

"If there is, I've never heard of it." She sighed, adjusting herself in the hold of the wooden chair. It hadn't been long since Emily had found him, finding luck laced to her side when she soon found the beast replaced by Jimin.

Trembling just like her walls had as he collided with them, the cheerful boy she was accustomed to had dissipated into a memory.

"How exactly did you get like this? D-do you remember?" She hesitated as she recognised the dark agony swim in his pupils.

He pulled his bare fingers through his hair as he sighed. "I-I went to school early to meet s-someone... but before I could find them... that thing came out of no where and attacked me. Making me turn into... this, like you said."

"Wait—hold on... who were you meeting?" She interrogated.

"Sofia. She texted me the night before... you know what happened—telling me she wanted to talk to me about something." He answered, seeing the girl's face drop at his words. "I didn't want to be rude... so I agreed."

"You mean the Sofia Fos—." Emily attempted to speak out, finding her words crushed by the loud slam of her front door colliding with the wall.

Heavy footsteps echoed a beat as an unexpected voice emerged.

"Emily, I swear to God if you don't have any meat, I won't hesitate to rip off your he—." He spoke as he emerged from the dusk masked corridor, freezing as his eyes met with Jimin.

"J-Jimmy isn't it?" He hesitated.

"Jimin." He corrected.

The boy simply scoffed before continuing his journey to the kitchen. "Whatever you say, Jimbo."

"Jungkook, what the hell are you doing here?" She blew, bringing herself to her feet as she brought herself closer to the boy, his body outlined by the artificial light of the fridge.

"I could ask the same thing for mochi boy over there." He jested to the golden boy as his hands continued to ghost the contents of the cool box until they ran into a sachet of chicken.

"He's here because he's cursed like you." She announced.

"What?" The two choked in unison.

She retracted to her seat, observing the shadowed boy, feasting on the white meat. "Turns out whoever the original cursed is didn't just go for you."

"That's besides the point though. Why exactly are you breaking into my house and raiding my fridge for meat at nearly one o'clock in the morning?" She puzzled as Jungkook slipped into the seat next to her, eyes cemented to Jimin.

"My family are vegetarians and I really needed some meat." He explained, throwing another slice into his carnivorous jaws.

"Didn't think of you as the gay type." Jimin taunted, instantly snaring at Jungkook's increasingly shortening tether.

Emily pulled her gaze from her hands, meeting with the scene of the boys seemingly chained to the opposing's searing crimson pupils. "Want to try that again?" Jungkook almost growled.

She knew it was time to intervene.

"Okay! That's enough. You two are the same. Shouldn't you be happier that you have someone to go through this with?" She broke in, fingers grazing their chests as she felt them rise and fall.

"Fine... I'll spare you for now." Jungkook sighed, a dissipating vexation fading in his voice as the cerise drained from his eyes. "Do you have anything more raw?" The boy suddenly puzzled, not waiting for her reply as he retracted to the fridge again.

"Jungkook, you can't eat raw meat. You'll get salmonella." She implored, watching him invade her fridge again. "I think salmonella is the least of my problems at this stage, Em. I'm not even human for God's sake." He swiftly replied, sliding out an uncooked packet of beef with a satisfied look on his face as he made his way towards the exit.

With a distanced farewell, Jungkook had left the scene to fall back into dialogue. Emily's head descending into the table as she felt her sanity flee from her mind.

"He seems like a pain in the ass. I don't get how Sofia could deal with him all the time." Jimin commented. "Then again... it would explain why she complained about him all the time." He huffed, catalysing Emily's head to rise again.

"Wait what?" She questioned.

"Well, she used to sit next to me in biology, and nearly every day, she would go on about something Jungkook did to piss her off." He explained, drawing circles into the wood carved table.

Eyebrows laced together as her eyes were illustrated into fine lines, caught in her own thoughts.

She wondered what hid behind the fine fog that engulfed Jungkook's and Sofia's relationship.

Pondering what had brought Sofia to her concluding actions.

━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━

"When is your next lesson?" Bella wondered as she left the jade pen to fall into the ocean of paper in front of her. "In about an hour." Emily guessed, finding her surroundings muted by her blinding thoughts.

Her mind was strained, attempting to conjure a plan of action which would reveal what lay beyond the curtains of Jungkook and Sofia's relationship. She was swiftly evolving an insatiable taste for the truth, wanting to be able to bath in the real reason why Sofia had passed.

"What's got you in a daze?" The blonde girl interrupted, a smirk polluting her face as something far from Emily's answer danced in her pupils.

She expired. "It's just—just this whole thing about Sofia and Jungkook. I'm positive that Sofia didn't die of a heart attack and that something happened between the two that's got Jungkook acting so strangely." Bella listened, absorbing the girl's frustrated words as she felt an idea brewing in her mind.

"Well... I heard that their relationship was a bit... rough, especially by the end." She hesitated. "I could do a bit of asking in the swim team... I'm sure someone knows something."

Emily bared a small smile before letting her fingers pull and stretch her skin in frustration. "Thanks... but that's still not going to tell us how she actually died."

Bella dug her lips into her lower lip, eyes soon flooding in light as an idea clearly was drawn across her mind.

"I know what you're going to say... but just hear me out. What if we—metaphorically now, went into the police station and looked at Sofia's autopsy?" Bella spoke as a sinister slither swam in her eyes.

"Bella, are you actually crazy?" She nearly liberated in a gasp. "Your Dad would kill you if we got caught." She continued, the scenarios of Bella's father, more famously known as Greenville's sheriff, finding them red handed in their crime.

"And that's exactly why I would distract him so you could go into the records. I thought you wanted to find out the truth behind this?" Bella said, the adrenaline of the thought saturating her voice. "I swear we'll be less than 2 minutes and plus we'll return the file once you're done with it."

"Come on, Em." The girl whined with a child-like pout.

Emily knew what Bella was planning was far beyond what she was eased to do. Yet, the thought of finding the truth was slowly towing her into the sin.

She could give one answer.

"Okay. Let's do it."

(A/N)
Hola it's me again, sorry for another chapter where nothing really happens :( I'm trying to get through some of the less exciting stuff before we get to the twists and the drama
Also
Do you have any theories to what happened between Sofia and Jungkook? And how she really died?
I would really like to know what you think :))