𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"You're cursed too." She stated, breath stolen by the still kinetic image of Yoongi in front of her. The flames that slithered in his eyes finally starting to descend into ash.

The threat of the beast making an appearance dissipating from the environment.

"Wait...w-what do you mean 'cursed too'?" He questioned, eyes furrowing as a solemn bead of perspiration rolled down his forehead. "Are there others li—."

She saw the realisation click in his eyes.

Passing an only just comprehending sigh as he coiled closer to her. "It's all of them... isn't it?"

Nodding, only just grazing her line of sight onto his figure. Soon finding herself drowning in the recoil of her lies. The lies that were so transparent now, they had formed into shards of glass.

Cutting their salient edges against her skin. Only making the pain worse.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked without warning, a shudder making its way down her spine as he did so.

"B-because I-I-I didn't want to risk anything. They're t-trusting me with this massive secret and I-I guess I didn't want you involved—but... it's too late for that." She answered, voice collapsing into fatigued cries.

"It was always too late." Yoongi remarked. His legs starting to animate into motion, pulling Yoongi away from the girl. "W-where are you going?" She wondered in desperation.

Yoongi continued to neglect her. Hands returning to their abode in his jumper's pockets as the fractured light ran across his skin.

"Yoongi, I-I'm sorry. I know I should h-have told you, b-but—." She initiated, words brought to a halt as Yoongi finally ended his ignorance of her words. "But you don't need to say anything. I should have seen this all from the beginning."

"They manipulated you." He said.

"Threatened you."

"Scared you."

"Toyed with you." He continued to list.

"They didn't do anything." She snapped, trying to conserve the clear agitation in her voice. Now knowing the danger that lurked in the boy. "I'm choosing to help them and they're helping me find out what happened to Sofia and now Jane." She explained.

Sofia's name illustrated a puzzling look on his face. Not even his sharp mind being able to translate her words. "Why are you so interested in what happened to her?" He asked.

"Because I'm pretty sure that the person that cursed you is the same person who killed Sofia. Plus, did she or did she not invite you to meet her the morning she died and the morning you got cursed?" Emily already knowing what he was going to reply with when she asked the question.

"Yes... yes she did." He answered unwillingly. "But that's just a coincidence. It's n—."

"Really? A coincidence? Sofia invited you and all the others the same morning to meet her. All for different reasons. There's obviously something going on and Sofia was right in the middle of it." She ranted, unable to prevent her voice growing harsher.

"C-can we just talk about this back at mine? Please?" Her voice melting into desperation as her arms draped around her.

Yoongi nodded.

Naïve to what awaited them when they returned.

━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━

A crash was the only thing that greeted the duet when Emily drew the door open.

Threats and low growls rolling in the saturated air as the scene faded into their eyes. Jungkook's frame trapped by Jimin and Hoseok as Namjoon attempted to lunge at the younger boy. Seokjin being his only barricade.