𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓸𝓷𝓮

"I'm glad you showed up." His now almost unrecognisable voice broke in as the door drifted closed.

Nathaniel laid himself out in the warm embrace of the cotton sofa, Emily observing the almost triumphant smirk stitched to his lips. She knew he wanted all of this.

His expression told the story of how he had planned this all. Her only becoming aware to the reigns tied to her limbs that he controlled.

Only now seeing him as a stranger.

"I know it's you." She cut to the chase, infant-like steps taken towards the man. "Well, it took you long enough to realise, Em." His voice clearly dodged the true atmosphere that engulfed them. A playful tone ringing through his voice as if this were all a joke to him.

"Just—just...why? W-why did you do all of this?" She interrogated, her usually warm tone being banished along with the loving memories of her older brother.

He took a breath in as if he had told this story millions of times. The words congregating to his tongue.

"I got cursed, a few months before Dad got cursed too. I didn't mean for him to get dragged into this all, but he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I told him not to follow me... but he was always stubborn wasn't he?" He began to narrate.

"Y-you mean... you cursed Dad?" She questioned despite the answer transparent by his words. "I didn't mean to... I-I couldn't control it back then."

"Anyway... as I'm sure you're already aware of, Dad couldn't cope with the curse, just like Jungkook can't. During one of his outbursts, he got me rather... vexed and saw what I was... soon realising I was the one who had cursed him. Of course... I couldn't have you knowing that too, so... I had to get rid of him... no matter how much it cost me. Mum had to go. Then, I told you that Dad did it and you believed me... then I put him down because at the end of the day, Em... he was a monster—."

"And you're not?!" She impaled her words into his own. "None of this explains why you cursed all of them and killed Jane and Sofia... plus all of those people from Springford, Kole Town and Cliffstone!" She blew. Her words coming out like rabid flames.

"If you let me speak, maybe I could explain." He scoffed, crimson anger clearly crawling through his body. "I found out through someone else that was like me that there was a cure... but of course, that came at a price too."

He took another breath.

"You have to eat another cursed in order to become human again." He announced. "So... that's why... you cursed them so you could be human again. B-but that doesn't explain why you didn't just curse one and why you killed Sofia and Jane." She interjected.

"See that's when my plan went to shit... see Sofia was never satisfied with Jungkook... she needed me to do that. However... being the smart bitch she was, she eventually realised I was Jackson Murphey. She knew I was going to kill her when I met her at the school... she brought them all along to act as witnesses, probably so I would have a strong prosecution against me. But, as you know that changed in my favour." Nathaniel told.

"And... Jane?" She asked.

He deadpanned. "Well, simple. She betrayed me. She needed to be taught a lesson."

"So... why are y-you telling me all of this?" She inquired.

"I wanted to see what you thought of it all, because no matter how much of a twat you can be, you can be smart. I just wanted to see if I could earn an applause from you—oh! And also wanted to give you a little gift before you go." He spoke, his voice shifting ever more bitter. "Go where?" She puzzled.