𝓢𝓲𝔁

"I'm coming!" Emily exclaimed, the spring in her step prominent as she threatened the tumble down the staircase. The clearly intolerable knocks continuing to echo in the small, homely foyer.

She drew the door open, Jungkook's figure slowly manifesting into her eyes. "Did you get it?" He questioned as he slithered past Emily, already venturing into her abode.

"Hello to you too." She passed in a huff, permitting the door to close as she traced his steps. Senses soon corrupted as her eyes failed to find the differences between the Jungkook invading her fridge and the enraged Jungkook from the video Bella had sent yesterday. "Jungkook—." Emily called hesitantly.

"Yes, Em?" He replied, clearly detached from everything that ceased to find itself located in the cooling box. "I-I—."

She continued to bit her tongue. Emerging the two in silence for long enough to win Jungkook's attention, presenting a puzzled look on his features, polluted by frustration.

"I saw the video of you and Sofia fighting... the night before she died." She finally liberated, opening her previously sealed eyes to meet with the man who had removed the space between them. "I-I just wanted to know what happ—."

"Why do you care? It's none of your business." He bickered with no moment of hesitation. The same harsh look he granted her on the day they first started to converse with each other.

Her eyes dilated.

"I care because what happened to you is linked to Sofia and I want to find out how she died." She explained as she fought the infectious frustration threatening to send her spiralling into something she would regret. "Since when did you ever care about Sofia?" He barked in reply.

"Since her death has been covered up at the same time and place where you and two other guys were cursed." She continued to argue.

"Ye—w-wait what? You found another guy like me?" He inquired as the vexation was banished from his face for a blissful moment.

Only a moment.

"Explains why you're neglecting me now. I thought I was your favourite puppy." He scoffed, attempting to flee the scene, only to have Emily chase him right back into the blazing dialogue.

"I'm not neglecting you!" She nearly let out in a growl. "The only reason I'm spending more time with them then you is that they don't constantly ask me to buy them meat and guess what? They're not assholes."

Alarms began to shrill in his mind as he recognised his own deep breathing. His grip was slowly becoming  frailer as he felt his radicalised tongue start to liberate its own words.

"Oh so I'm an asshole now? Sorry I can't control the beast I've been cursed to be." Fumed Jungkook. "You're not exactly making it any easier for me, are you? All you talk about is bloody Sofia. Don't you ever think about how I feel every time you bring her up?" He spoke out as his voice eroded into a deep coarse one. Emily's tranquillity announcing what her mouth didn't dare to declare.

"Jungkook, I-I'm just trying to find out who did this to you and what happened to Sofia." She eventually replied, voice attempting to rid itself of its prior volume.

His enclosed hand had already met with the chilled marble counter top, shooting Emily into silence as she saw the crimson threaten to ignite his pupils.

"There's only one person that could be. And it's your Dad!" Jungkook bellowed.

Emily couldn't prevent the small sharp breath that left her, lips shivering as they recoiled in his presence. Jungkook knew he had teased with her heart strings as if they were an instrument, recognising the reflective look in her eyes that screamed the agony she had been through.