𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"Emily." Jungkook smiled.

She found the words coiled to her tongue, unable to escape her body as she continued to stare at him.

He was alive.

Despite the body. Despite his car being torn into nothing but slithers of metals, he was alive.

A blur of beige ran past him, soon recognising a sting congregate in his cheek. Placing the evidence to realise she had slapped him in an almost reflex-like speed.

"What the fuck Jungkook!? We all thought you were fucking dead!" She attempted to sound threatening, all efforts driven towards nothing as her words simply travelled through her whimpers.

Without hesitation, he brought himself around Emily. Figures ignorant to any space as his fingers already started to illustrate lost images into her back. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I swear I'll explain everything to you." He consoled, pulling their composition of bodies behind the mask of Emily's suburban lifestyle.

Closing the door behind him, hearing the satisfying slam bump into his ears, he let out a warm breath that mingled by her ear. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean for things to get like this—." He dared to explain, Emily cutting into his words like she always did.

"What exactly was your plan then?" She questioned as she tried to drown herself in a more threatening tone, trying to destroy the evidence of her grief. "Try and give everyone a heart attack?!" Exclaimed Emily.

"No, I—I... I was with my Mum last night and... she found out." He explained, the words instantly being translated by her still fractured state. Understanding exactly what he meant even if she didn't desire to. "I couldn't go back there... she would have told everyone and e-exposed you and all the others... p-plus... it's-it's gotten worse... so much worse."

"It would have only be a certain amount of time before I-I...I hurt her." Confessed Jungkook. "So... you thought it was better if y-you just... died?" She questioned, his answer acted out through a fragile nod.

He sighed, straying from the lines of her eyes.

"I was driving and t-then I saw someone had crashed their car... they were already dead... s-so, I-I crashed my car and set it up so they thought I was dead." He clarified, barely brushing into her glass masked eyes.

Another apology escaped him, slowly starting to crumble in her arms. Her ears almost believing she heard the boy shatter and crack as if he were glass.

"It's okay, Jungkook. I-I understand you had t-to do it... for the s-sake of your family and everyone. Y-you can't blame yourself." She whispered in his ear. "You can s-stay here... I'll look after y-you an—."

"Why?" He questioned.

"Wh—."

"Why are y-you doing this all for me?" He asked his question again as she felt the tepid tears slither into her clothes. "I-I'm just a monster a-and yet... you s-sacrifice everything... j-just for me... why?"

Her whole body contracted, so much so she felt as if she could slip from his warm embrace. Just at those words, she felt as if her own body was working against her.

She didn't know the answer.

Only mumbles and lost 'I's seemed to leave her, only to drive Jungkook into further turmoil in reaction to her hesitation.

"J-just tell m—."

"Because I love you."

Jungkook elevated from the crook of her neck that he had buried himself into, meeting with her eyes as if it was the first time he saw her.