𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

"I regret this so much." Emily spoke out, feeling the urge to bite into her nails shoot through her body as Bella and her drew into the police station. "You should. Curiosity killed the cat." Jungkook commented, the girl sighing as she was reminded of his presence.

"I'll probably be able to get you five minutes, probably less so, just take some photos and get out of there." Bella directed, Emily's heart continuing to free fall as her reflection flared back at her from the transparent doors.

Taking a breath in, the trio entered the station. A quiet buzz of conversation with the occasional shrill of a landline being the only things that greeted them. A dancing whisper of directions were passed from Bella, soon slipping further into the cavity of the station.

"Let's get this over with." Jungkook announced, trailing into the records room with no hesitation in his stride. Emily whimpered, eyes scanning the foreign environment, meeting with a deficit of figures. Not a single camera insight.

It seemed as if anyone could have walked in here without leaving a trace.

"I still don't understand why you're here." She began as she followed the boy into the dimly lit room, shelves of cardboard boxes littered with stray files."You're big enough to look after yourself now." Emily continued, running her fingers over the alphabetically arranged files.

"What? Can't I be helpful?" He mimicked a sad tone. "I know I'm a burden to you... I just thought coming along could make me less of one." He shrugged, his lips falling into a small pout. She sacrificed him a single, solemn glance before returning to the 'F' labelled slim files. "I've dealt with this scenario before... y-you can't help that you're this way." She let go in a hush, failing to sense him eliminating the space between them.

"You know... you haven't told me a lot about your Dad." Jungkook quizzed. "What exactly happ—."

She left him no time to conclude as she ripped the file from its slot, no hesitation as he unfolded it to liberate its letters. "Found it."

The opening page only consisted of a light profile of information. Date of birth. Date of death. Address amongst other pieces of information Emily grew ignorant to as she searched for the autopsy.

A thin slither of paper appeared in the slender profile of the girl. The autopsy.

Stumbling over the words, she tore the next page into view, running quickly over the words.

"So... what does it say?" Jungkook puzzled, peering over her shoulders as he tried to make sense of the symbols.

A laboured laugh was forced out of her lips as she slammed the file back into its place, turning to face the boy who's eyes were bathed in her image.

"Sofia—they...they—they didn't even do an autopsy." She regurgitated the words as his expression grew more lost.

"Sofia's body was never even found."

━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━

Everything comes at a price.

That's how Emily found herself in the school's grand hall, eyes forcefully directed to the golden, yellow lit stage. Time killing talk saturating the atmosphere as her mind revised what she had read.

A date of death, and yet no body or autopsy to account that for.

What the hell is going on?

"Why exactly are we here again, to see... Romeo and Juliet?" Jimin suddenly peered in, hauling her out of her thoughts once again. She sighed. "Because I promised Bella that I would come after she helped me with Sofia's file. Now it's time for my question. Why did you want to come with me?"