𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?" Nathaniel shrilled as he continued to chase the girl who was striding towards the dimly lit house. She had frantically narrated the saga of events that he had been absent for, continuing to bombard her with questions she couldn't sacrifice her time to answer. "I didn't really know how exactly to bring this up over our phone calls sorry." She cursed, the door being thrown open.

The scene of Jimin and Hoseok was illuminated by the amber lights. Both figures quivered with the apprehension of what was occurring in the dusk shrouded basement, which animated his cries and agony catalysed roars.

"Did you do everything I told you to?" She questioned as her coat that had previously clutched to her body fell to the floor. "Y-yeah." He hesitated as his and Hoseok's eyes remained laced to Nathaniel's figure, Emily not ceasing to notice.

"Oh, this is my brother, Nathaniel. Nathaniel, this is the Jimin and Hoseok I was telling you about." She let out in a tumbling speed as she dared to go into the basement.

Conversations from upstairs started to dissipate as Jungkook's yells saturated her senses.

Skin veiled with perspiration as he continued to throw his head back, colliding with the stoned wall as his veins carved themselves into his skin. Hair adhering to his forehead as she felt herself recognise the scene.

It scared her.

It scared her how much the landscape in front of her had in common with when her father was trapped in those chains.

Jungkook's erupting voice seemingly melting into the cries of her father.

"E-Emily?" He hesitantly called out as she found that his eyes had landed on her. "W-What the hell are y-you doing down here?" He asked, air rushing in and out of him.

"Jimin called me about what was happening. I-I didn't want to leave you on your own." She confessed, her settling a safe distance from the hazard, him groaning as another crack of bone ejected from his figure.

His unmasked chest continued to rise and fall. "What if I want to be on my o-own?"

"W-What? What do you mean?" She questioned, failing to see the vexation dye his pupils to crimson. "Y-you shouldn't be alone when yo—."

"Just leave, Emily!" He suddenly snapped.

Chains straining as Jungkook lurked at their borders, Emily finding herself cowering at his volume. Yet, still not being able to flee from his ignited eyes.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I don't want you to see me like this!" He blasted at the girl, only to stitch her lips together, pulling her into silence.

Despite his unexpected words. Despite the way that her heart relinquished itself from the arteries and veins that ran in and out of it. Despite the burn that was ignited in the ring of her eyes that threatened to flood her face with saline tears.

She still found herself forming a reply.

"No."

Just as the venomous words were ready to shoot out from the body in an artillery-like fashion, his words were sliced into by his body collapsing into another wave of agony.

She knew when she continued to observe him.

His voice swiftly rendering into inhuman growls. Body slowly being carved into a beastly form as his warm beige fled the scene, chased by the growing raven fur.

She knew he was gone.

━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━

Molten pools of light slowly drifted Emily out of her slumber-like haze. Eyes burning slightly as the light invading her senses, forcefully bringing her eyes agape.

The light soon flooded in, bringing an image in its company. An image of Jungkook brought her eyes to dilate more. His body laid out tranquilly as his soft breaths hit the floor.

She sighed, relieved that it was finally over.

At least for another month or so.

Fragile groans started to echo from the body, directing her attention back to the boy. Eyes fluttering open, his face quickly contorting at the light that engulfed him. "Good morning, Jungkook." She interrupted.

"Emily?" He spoke groggily. "Why do you smell so... funny?" He pondered, his hands ghosting and inevitably bringing the material to cover his exposed state.

"Because your senses are heightened... and they will be for the next few hours." She explained, finding her still folded body venturing towards the boy.

As he slowly descended off the high of his senses, growing more awake, he realised she was closer.

"Did you... did you really stay the whole night?" He puzzled, adjusting his position to bring their vision parallel to each other.

"Y-Yeah... I must have fallen asleep at some point though." She admitted, finding her eyes straying to the thawing floor.

Eventually finding her eyes gaining the confidence to wander back to his eyes, she found him still gazing at her. She felt it. She felt the burning red pigment fill her cheeks.

"You-you really didn't have to... especially since I-I didn't get to apologise for yesterday." He began, now finding his eyes getting lost in the room. "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions... e-especially about your Dad... and I should have just told you about Sofia. I mean—y-you've done so much for me... I can't just neglect helping you."

"Jungkook it's okay really... I really should have told you about... what happened to my Dad." She sighed, pulling her legs into her chest.

She breathed in.

"He got cursed five years ago, by who? I still don't know and neither does he. He was fine at first. It was just the occasional outburst and of course the monthly change... but then it got worse." She narrated, her fingers sketching out the timeline onto the floor. "To make a long story short, he basically started to lose control of himself... turning into the beast more and more. It got to the point where he was the beast more than he was human. The turning point was when-when—."

He reached out for her. "You don't have to say if you—."

"No... I have to." She cut in, her eyes slipping closed for a temporary moment. "The turning point... was when he escaped and started to kill people... and e-e.... e-eat them. My Mum found out... but she confronted him at the wrong time... the very worst time. He killed her... not even leaving a body left to bury."

"My brother and I decided it was best to...p-put him down." She concluded, the reflection of the room clear in her hazel eyes.

Jungkook knew words couldn't console the returning memories, simply pulling her into a warm embrace as she remained paralysed.

The deafening memories slowly started to evaporate from her mind, soon finding herself lacing herself further into Jungkook. The beast that infected his body seeming to be banished from her mind just for that scene.

"I was with my friends that night... Sofia had gone off with her friends to comfort some girl crying in the toilet. Jane started to ring her phone, so I looked around for Sofia, trying to find her." He began to tell, his fingers playing with her hair like the strings of an instrument.

"Jane eventually stopped ringing... but when I saw the lock screen... I saw the messages... from-from this other guy."

Her face contorted into confusion. "Messages? Who was the g-guy?" She questioned.

"The guy she was cheating on me with." He replied.

(A/N)
Because you're all so desperate to find out more information about Sofia 😉I hope you enjoyed another chapter. I know not an awful lot happened but I'm trying to stick to a plan so I can finish this story before my exams start and also stopping myself from drifting from the main plot :))