Zion T. (1)

He's Your Guardian

"I hate going to this class, " I groan, walking with my bag slung over my shoulder. The classroom was nearly empty, a few students hanging around the desks and talking to each other. I move to my normal seat in the back and away from everyone. Everyone in this class has a talent or something their good at, the only I'm good at is maintaining my grades. I have no friends since I've been cast out as the weird new girl. I pull out my journal, a purple gel pen and begin to write...anything. The noise in the classroom grows as I place my head on the table still writing as I block out everyone. "Good morning, (Y/N), " I look up to the music teacher, Mr. T (lol...if you get this, I am really corny) I sit up, tucking my journal under my arm.

"Good morning, sir, " I mumble, playing with a loose curl hanging. "How are you today, " He smiled down at me, his glasses were too small for his face so they were perched on his nose bridge. "I'm doing better. I've been going for walks and trying to go out more, " I say to him. "Well, make sure you get home on time today. We're having guest over for dinner, " "Okay, dad, " I mumble as he walks away.

I know what your thinking, well maybe I don't but we aren't really related. He's my guardian ever since my parents died in a car accident when I was 6. He was my dad's best friend. He already considered me like a daughter so I eased into it. It was weird not having my parents but Hae-sol was always there for me.

"Okay. Today we are going to pair up and work on a project, " The class groans and I sink into my seat. "I will name off the pairs and give you a theme, " I watch as he pulls names out the hat, gazing at each student. His eyes land on mine, and he smirks a little at the other slip of paper in his hand. "Oh, no, " I mutter. "He's really gonna make me do it, " I throw my hoodie over my head, slowly back away from the table to my head in my lap.

Hae-sol calls off names but I don't care until I hear mine. "(Y/N) and Tommie, " My breath hitches in my throat as I hear his name. I look up to see him walking towards me, his long legs taking strides as he holds a smile on his beautiful face.

"Hey, (Y/N/N), " He says before pulling out the chair next to me

(Y/N/N) is Your nickname

"Hi, Tommie, " Placing my arm on the table, I look at him. "It's so cool that we got paired together, right, " He said. Nodding my head, I take out my music journal. "So, what do you wanna do for this piece, " I asked him. "I was thinking we could do a ballad, " "A ballad? But I can't sing that well. Maybe we can play, " He cut me off and I looked down at my lap.

"You can't sing? Do you ever hear yourself? It's like an angel, " Tommie compliments me. I feel my face get hot and I take in a deep breath before speaking again. "Tt-thank you, " Tommie smiles at me as he pulls my chair closer to his. Hae-sol walks over to us, hovering over the journal. "Have you guys decided on an activity yet, " He asked. "No, " "Yes, " I looked at Tommie, pleading with him using my eyes. "I think we should do a ballad but missy here is afraid to sing, " Tommie said. "I think you should sing. You can do the song we practiced with at home, " Hae-sol said.

I looked at him with disbelief. He winked before walking away. "See. Let's do Perfect by Ed Sheeran, "I sigh in defeat, nodding my head. "Fine, " He wraps his hand around my shoulder.

We sat for the rest of the class looking at verses we can sing, how we should sing it, exchanging numbers and social media.
When the bell rang for dismissal, I went straight for my car. My phone started to ring as I started the car.

Hello
Hey, can you pick up some flowers from the grocery store? You can get something if you want. Come get my card.
Okay, dad. I'm coming...even though I'm already in the car.
After turning off the car, I grab my purse locking the car. "Hey, (Y/N), " I see Tommie in front of me. "Hi, " I mumbled. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend, " He leaned against a car I assume to be his. "Um, I'll have to see if my dad will let me, " A gush of wind blows, causing me to pull my jacket closer to me. "Aren't you going to him now? We can ask him then, " "Well, I have to go to the store, but I guess, " I walk ahead of him and punch in the code to enter the building. I see my dad waiting for me outside his classroom. "I see you've brought a guest, " He smiled. "Yes, sir. I was wondering if (Y/N) and I could hang out this weekend to go over our song and watch a movie, " He explained as I took the card from Hae-sol's hand. "You ain't say nothing about a movie, " I look at him with a stern look. He cocked his head to the side, rubbing the back of his neck. "My bad, " He laughs sheepishly.

"Of course, she can go, " "Huh, " I whine. "You said you are gonna try to go out more. Stop being a big baby, " He said to me. "You can go with her to the grocery store. Make sure she doesn't overload the cart with Caramel Drizzled gelato, " I giggle at my dad's request. "But it's so good, " He turns me around, pushing me toward the exit.

"Tommie, stop throwing shit at me, " I gasp as he picks up the squishy toy. I pick up some flowers and about 4 pints of gelato. Along with some other necessities. "You curse, " He asks. "You must be really comfortable around me, " He laughs. "Shut up, " I say while placing the items on the belt.

"Thanks for coming with me, " I told him. "Of course, I've always wondered how fun you really were, " He laughs. I laugh, putting away my bags. "I'll call you later, " He said before getting in his own car.

I play my music with the windows rolled down as I drive home. I notice Hae-sol's car in the driveway. Parking, I grab what I can and go to the front door. As I was about to open the door, it swung open. "Ahh, " I jumped, holding my hand to my chest. "아빠, " He just laughed at me as I brush past him into the house. "Is there more, " I look at him pouting. "Yeah, " I grab my designated stool and start putting things away. "(Y/N) don't I give you a budget, " "Yeah, I didn't go over because I had coupons, duh, " He smiled at me before helping me.

"I'm going upstairs now, " "Okay. Just come down for dinner when I call you, " " But I'm not hungry, " "You are gonna eat when I tell you to eat, " He snaps as I stomp upstairs. "너 정말 짜증나, "
I whine. "I love you, " "Oh, shush, " I say

아빠 -Dad
너 정말 짜증나 - You are really annoying

💭💛
Hey! Don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks! 💜