JB (2)

He's Homeless

PART 2

JB's POV

I watched as ( Y/N) basically ran out of my room after dropping off a bag of items. She's different. I'm literally a stranger that she picked up off of the street and is giving me somewhere to lay my head. I will forever be grateful to her and her actions. My curiosity got the best of me as I walked over to the bag. I tightened the towel around my waist like the one around my neck fell to the floor. Opening the bag I see an arrangement of different clothing from sweaters to t-shirts to jackets and even underwear. I wonder why she has so much male clothing. I picked up a pair of plaid PJ pants and a pair of black boxers. I put them on quickly in order to look for a shirt, in the midst of looking for a shirt. There was a knock on my door, it was faint but I still heard it.

"JB, are you hungry? I made dinner last night. It's nothing special...just baked chicken and macaroni n' cheese pies," She says from the other side of the door. I shove on a long-sleeved shirt and walked over to the door. I unlocked the door and I heard her footsteps retreat. Opening the door slowly, she stood there in a red and black plaid pajama set with her hair in a sleeping hat. "Where did all of your hair go," I ask her with a serious look on my face. She giggles but then quickly clears her throat. " It's right here on my head under my bonnet," She lifts the cap to expose her hair to me. I smile awkwardly as she begins to laugh, " It's okay. Come on, I'll warm up some food from yesterday," I watch as she heads down the hallway towards the kitchen.

She flicked the switch and I groaned at the sudden brightness. "Oh, I'm sorry. Are you sensitive to light," (Y/N) asked me. " No, it's okay. Still getting used to it," I sat on a stool at the end of the counter as she walked over to the fridge and began taking out containers. " Um, do you have a phone," She asked suddenly, catching me off guard. " Me? No. I couldn't afford to pay for one. Why," I ask her.

"Oh, its just that I have an extra phone just in case you wanted to get in contact with me if you needed anything. Did the clothes fit well," She explains.

I just watch as she stares at me with loving eyes. I haven't felt so comfortable in such a long time. I still can't get over the fact that she is a complete stranger opening up her home to me. Good karma exists and I hope it comes her way.

" Here you go, JB. Leftovers always taste better the next day," She smiles softly, placing a plate of kimchi, stir-fried noodles, pork belly sliced thick on one side of me, then a plate of chicken and macaroni n' cheese pies.

"What's this," I ask her as she places a pair of chopsticks in front of me. " I figured you aren't really from here hence your thick accent, my roommate left some stuff when they moved out so I made some yesterday. I hope you like it, I tried," (Y/N) smiles shyly. I gave her a big smile before picking up the chopsticks and began eating. " Thank you so much," I say with a mouthful.

"You're welcome. I'm gonna go and get the phone for you and be right back," She said before walking away.

(Y/N)'s POV

"Where is that damn phone," I mutter to myself. I go through the drawers and pull out the phone. " Finally," Making my way back into the kitchen, I hear him speaking the same language my roommate spoke. Tears prick my eyes as they threaten to fall, I fan my face quickly. " Don't you dare," I say to myself. I peek behind the wall and I watch as he devours the food.

His eyes catch mine as I make my way over to him. "Here you go. Tomorrow we can go to the store and turn it on," Sliding the phone over to him. "Are you okay? You look like you were crying," He examines my face. " No, why would you say that," I giggle awkwardly. " Your nose is red," He says. I laugh like it was the funniest thing I've ever heard. " Well, once you finish up just put the dishes in the sink. I'll get them later. I need to finish my paper for school,"

"Wait, you are a student? How can you afford such a big house," He exclaimed. " My dad left it for me. He lives in England now with his new wife and their 3 kids," I told him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...make you upset," He says. "No, it's okay. I also work as an interior designer," He nods as I make my way to my office. " Goodnight, JB," I exclaim before closing the door to the office. I hear a faint ' good night' and a smile rests on my face.

I finished my paper around 3:30 this morning, so I'm literally a walking zombie. The lights are turned off as I walk down the hallway. The light over the stove is the only light illuminating the kitchen, I see a figure leaning against the counter. I flick on the switch and it scares the figure and I realize that it's JB. "Omg, I'm sorry. I didn't think you would still be out here," He stood up, running a hand through his hair. " I, uh washed the dishes for you. I didn't want to bother you so I figured out where to put the stuff. You can go to bed now," He ushered me out of the kitchen, gently pushing me towards the hallway. " I'll stop here because I don't know where your room is," He walked around me and opened his bedroom door, waving at me.

" He's so nice. I wonder what happened to him," I question as I throw my comforter over my body and drift off into a deep sleep.

Should I make a part 3??

Don't forget to vote and comment. I love all the support I've been getting with this book !!

Share too, if you want ;) <3