Chapter Two • Containment

Slowly opening your eyes you realized you were no longer in the hallway. "So they aren't that dumb after all", you thought.

You're in a large square room with a singular bed. The walls and floor were a dark grey. One wall consisting of mainly a large window where you were able to see a few scientists, clipboards in hand, furiously scribbling. Out of the corner of your eye you noticed a slight movement in one of the top corners of the cell. After closer inspection you realize it's a camera, monitoring you.

"Glad to see your awake SCP-(f/n), my name is Dr. Marcus" A loud male voice boomed from a small speaker in the opposite corner.

"You were actually pretty close to giving those imbecile guards the slip, but I guess you thought they wouldn't notice the cuffs on your hands, huh?", Dr. Marcus said.

"Of course. I can't believe I was stupid enough to forget that I was wearing handcuffs. That must've been how they knew it was me" you thought.

"Not much of a talker, I presume? No matter, today you will be sent to another scp's chamber to record their actions", Dr. Marcus said.

Instantly you perked up and inquired, "Which scp?". "I am not allowed to provide you with that information, but you will see soon enough", said the doctor.

Later you heard sounds of metal moving and looked towards the door, it opened revealing a set of 4 guards to escort you to the scp's chamber.

You were led into an elevator and down to floor 24, where you saw a chamber door similar to the structure of yours. On the outside of the chamber laid a piece if paper that read "SCP-049. Class: Euclid". You were unsure of what that means but you guessed it wasn't exactly safe.

Suprisingly enough, your restraints we're let off and you were shoved in the room, the door slamming shut behind you. "Excuse me, why were my handcuffs taken off?", you inquired towards the scientists direction behind the glass window. "Why, for self defense my dear" , said a deep voice from behind you. You sharply spun around only to be face to face with a tall man dressed in a black robe and a ceramic plague doctor mask towering over you.

Out of instinct, you immediately shifted into a cat and darted out from under his legs. You turned to face him and hissed, back arched and hair standing on end. His grey eyes widened for a second then returned to normal, looking unfazed. "Dammit, why couldn't I have ever seen a lion before?", you mumbled.

"Well, that was quite..interesting, to say the least", the voice spoke again.

You shifted into your normal form, running your hand through your (h/c) hair. "I can say the same"  "Hmm" he mumbled. You gave him a quizzical look.

"Uhm.. who are you?" you asked.

"Oh my, how rude of me for forgetting to introduce myself! My name is SCP-049, or The Plague Doctor. What is your name dear?" he inquired.

"(y-y/n)" you mumbled. That voice. Despite your fear, his mesmerizing voice somehow calmed your nerves completely. It was smooth, deep, british..

"What a lovely name, do you mind if I check something?" he had his hand extended, walking towards you.

"SCP-(F/N) BACK AWAY NOW, ITS TOUCH IS LETHAL!"

After you hearing the announcement you come back to your senses and panic, the plague doctor is now moments away from touching you and you are against the wall with nowhere to back up to. "This is it" you think as you close your eyes and brace yourself, waiting for the contact to come.

After a few moments, you dare to peek out of one eye. Confused at what you saw, you opened both eyes. The Plague Doctor was slowly backing away from you with both hands up, eyes wide. The researchers, behind the glass window were staring at you shocked, their jaws hanging open.

"What?" you asked. And that's when you noticed it, your voice, it was masculine and robotic. You sounded just like.. him.
___________________________________________________________

sorry, cliffhanger :)
let me know if I made any mistake and if you are enjoying the story so far.

thanks
strips