Chapter Nine • Shy Guy

Stepping out of Larry's dark hole (pfhhhh- ok I'll stop) you peered in front of you and got a look of a new containment chamber. You assumed it was SCP-096 or "The Shy Guy", as Larry called it. Taking a closer look at the chamber, you wondered as to why there was no windows on this one, unlike the other SCPs. Curiosity got the better of you and you went to flick the lever that would open the doors.

"Hey, hey, hey hold up", comes from Larry behind you. Your arm pauses it's journey to the lever as you peer over your shoulder at him. "Hm?" you ask. "It wouldn't be very beneficial to you if you just waltzed on in his chamber." "Why's that?" you question, now fully facing Larry. "You see, you can't really look at his face, if you do he starts getting extremely agitated and you would definitely end up dead" says Larry in an exaggerated tone. "Can't say I'd be opposed to having my insides all over the floor after the shit I've gone through here" you replied nonchalantly, raising your hands in a shrug.

"Yeah whatever you say, just when you enter make sure to keep your eyes on the ground, got it?", sighs Larry. "Alright, alright!" you exclaim flipping the lever.

A little dust flies up from the contact point of the ground and the chamber door when it starts to open. You conclude that nobody has been in there in a while. With your eyes angled down at your dirty combat boots you step into the chamber and hear Larry follow suit. You can hear a faint sobbing echo from what you assume was the eastern corner of the room. Curiosity getting the better of you, you slowly inched your way over to where the crying was coming from. Nearing the creature you can see a tiny bit of white... flesh? just in front of your boot. From your limited angle it kind of looked like the creature was sitting with his legs crossed, like the criss cross applesauce sort of way you used to do in kindergarten.

Out of the blue the crying lessened, almost to that of a faint whimper, but didn't stop. Almost sensing your intentions Larry firmly states, "Don't do it (y/n)". Choosing to ignore the anger-issued piece of sludge, you raise your head ever so slightly. Letting out a quick loud shriek, you stumbled back as the face of the creature was mere inches away from yours. Assuming Larry knows what you had done based on your reaction he exclaims, "Well fuck me then, just don't listen I guess". You didn't even hear him. Your eyes fixed to the creatures, "What happens now?", you ask. Larry didn't respond as the creature cocked its head ever so slightly at you, seemingly like a dog. "That's odd. He should've started screaming and ripping you apart by now", Larry murmurs. Deciding to test your luck further you walked back up to the creature and held you arm out, almost as if you were 049 trying to cure another "ill person". The creature leaned into the touch of your hand and allowed you to rub its head. "It feels like a hairless nutsack", you said to Larry. Chuckling he replied, "I don't think I needed to know that but thanks for your description". Silently smiling to yourself you think, "Well, I guess I have a new pet now..."

____________________________________
hi peeps been a while huh¿ i came back to over 40k reads and almost 1000 votes, thats insane for just a school kid. i know i have kind of hung you all out to dry but if you've for whatever reason wasted your time and stuck around, i'd like to say thank u for ur support it means a lot :)

strips