Chapter Fifteen

Skye

One month separated us from the finals and Ethan and I started to prepare for our coming exams. The time we've spent studying at the library did us well with cover most of our subjects.

We were either studying at my house or his and we've figured out a way that would enable us to study together. A system that would help him study and help me revise while we were together, instead of Ethan relying completely on a tutor. That way we got to spend more time together and hit the books and steal a few kisses.

Ethan suggested to record the lessons in my voice for him so he could listen to them. He waggled his eyebrows at me when he shared his idea. I laughed. He said he didn't want me to waste my time reading and rereading for him. I didn't mind, but he insisted.

So I recorded and labeled those recording in his phone ready for him to listen to whenever he needed. I made sure to include all the helpful notes that I've written during classes. And even though Ethan listened to his classes, his hand would move on the surface of the table like he was writing something down. A tutor would take over when he studied by himself and later on would assist him later during the exams.

My boyfriend said that sometimes he would play one of those recording just to hear my voice when he missed me.

I could've sworn that my heart has fainted right then.

How could I not kiss him when he says things like that!

Ahh!

While we were elbows deep in English literature, I peeked up from my books when I noticed that Ethan didn't move for a long time. He seemed miles away, too deep thought that he was no longer listening to what was playing in his headphones, neither did he hear me when I called his name.

Ethan's focus snapped back when I touched his arm, "Yes, sorry. What where you saying?"

"What's on your mind?" I asked putting my book away as concern started to eat at me.

He has been doing this a lot lately.

"I think we should go out on a date." He blurted out of the blue.

My breath got caught in my chest, "What?" I heard him perfectly, but I wanted to make sure.

Whatever I was reading in that book has just evaporated.

"Don't look at me like that." He turned to me talking with unshaken certainty that I was gawking at him.

I absolutely was!

He was doing it again. Turning in that angle that messed with my head and made my face burn all the way to my ears.

"You know, a date" he said the word again, "When two people go out together and..."

MY heart would not stop knocking on my ribcage. Wait, could he hear it?

"I know what a date is." I interrupted, my voice squeaked.

Why is it too hot in here?

"So, what do you think?" Ethan kept his cool and stayed calm, but that tiny muscle that flickered in his jaw gave away how nervous he was, "Would you go out on a date with me?"

As if I could ever say 'no'. "Yes!"

Ethan smiled in satisfaction showing me those dimples that melted my heart. He relaxed further in his seat, "Good, how about tomorrow?"

"Sounds good. Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

Ethan waggled his eyebrows, "It's a surprise." Then, as if he read my mind he added, "Wear something comfortable and warm."